Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

New home shirt

Not sure if this question has already been asked: Are you happy with this year's (2015/16) home shirt? Better than last season's?

Comments

• Options
    The "air holes" on the sides are a bit weird....why would (adult) fans want that?
  • Options
    True, one can recognize the "air holes" here. Still I think it looks good. At least my opinion... :-)
  • Options

As someone that doesn't usually care about kits I think it's very smart. The sponsor design still slightly bothers me though.

Agree proper shirt good sponsor, poor non-logo logo
  • Options
    Photographed 'Mac' this morning the first person to purchase a new home shirt, at the Valley.
    Agree about the non logo 'logo' comment, surprised they did not put the UOG logo on as a weave in the material....... but did suggest that idea last year, even to the UoG 'marketing people' at Sparrows Lane Training ground Kit launch's....... Obviously, a stupid idea?.......
  • Options
    Not a stupid idea Ken, just an expensive one to do as that would cost a lot more to do than the simple iron on transfer.
  • Options
    Looks more like a traditional Charlton shirt, white shorts a bonus.
  • Options
    cafc999 said:

Not a stupid idea Ken, just an expensive one to do as that would cost a lot more to do than the simple iron on transfer.

Cost maybe.......but they are permitted under the FA rules.......
    2. Jacquard weave
    A jacquard weave or similar technique such as embossing shall be allowed providing
    each is limited to 20 square centimetres, with unlimited repeats being acceptable. The
    design of such jacquard weave may be the manufacturer’s mark, logo or name. The
    jacquard weave shading shall be restricted to two shades differing from the base
    colour, using a standard Pantone reference manual.
    The FA Kit and Advertising regulations........
    I think Liverpool are doing that, with there shirt, for this season, but there we have it.
    Quite strict regulations, but we are talking about a shirt that is not actually cheap is it?
    I am sure Nike, with all there resources could have been persuaded........perhaps they were?
    As a designer I find it odd that the key sponsor does not use there brand logo in some way.
    Just an observation, and one that was discussed last year.........

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited June 2015
    It's an off the shelve kit mate, if they done that it's bespoke and would not be within the kits they purchase
  • Options
    Why does the FA have rules on jacquard weave?
  • Options
    It's a quality shirt, simple and classy.
  • Options
    IA said:

So a team doesn't come along with a huge logo woven into the shirt covering the entire front, claiming it to be part of the shirt design and not a logo. There are restrictions in place as to how much space a sponsor logo can take up on the shirt etc
  • Options
    Perhaps they ought to get a sponsor like you North...... I do remember I designed you a football kit logo last year.
    Did one for my sons team 2 years ago...... Did not get involved with 'jacquard weave' mind you, but did get an embodied badge sewn on.........
    Those bloody needles are a nightmare mate, but there were only 18 of those. Anyway, less of the practical issues here...... we are talking art and design, anyway you are using a
    Maserati Gran Turismo are you not for an Avatar...... when were they practical.
  • Options
    Excellent shirt. Back to what it should always be.

It must be good, because I've not read anyone slagging it off, which must be a first !
  • Options
    IA said:

Apparently to stop 'smart arse' designers like me making everyone's life difficult...........
    Anyway, I am sure the FA have a 'rule' for almost anything....... when they want to?

• Options

.. we are talking art and design, anyway you are using a
    Maserati Gran Turismo are you not for an Avatar...... when were they practical.

Nah mate dave Mehmet will tell you what it is I can't remember but it is a British based small car firm
  • Options

It's a quality shirt, simple and classy.

Yup. A proper CAFC kit. Best we've had since the Lge 1 winning Macron kit.
  • Options

The "air holes" on the sides are a bit weird....why would (adult) fans want that?

Just Nike's dri-fit design. The air-holes are just for added comfort, helps the fabric breath better
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Very expensive for junior kits, got my 3 year old boy the smallest one available yesterday (xs), £76 for the whole kit with name on the back.
  • Options
    sam3110 said:

IA said:

So a team doesn't come along with a huge logo woven into the shirt covering the entire front, claiming it to be part of the shirt design and not a logo. There are restrictions in place as to how much space a sponsor logo can take up on the shirt etc
    If only someone could produce something a little more subtle?........look above the Nike tick?......
  • Options
    DA9 said:

Very expensive for junior kits, got my 3 year old boy the smallest one available yesterday (xs), £76 for the whole kit with name on the back.

Was that a Nike one or Avec , usually the smaller ones are in Avec or is your 3 year old quite big
  • Options
    DA9 said:

F*** that!
  • Options
    Mines in the post. Love being able to fit into the XLB. A tenner saved for a couple of drinks later today.
  • Options
    Just been down there , the shorts ( for the kids at least) have an inner to em which confused my kids

Love the kit , well done Roland :smile: amazing a red shirt and white shorts who would have thought it , how retro

Enquired about the away top and no idea as yet to when or what it looks like

There was at least 3 other people in the shop for the 15 mins I was there , it's flying off the shelves ......
  • Options
    DA9 said:

I hope they are doing Avec Baby Kits I need to get one for my lads 3rd Birthday. I think the smallest Nike Junior one will be too big and too expensive at that rate.

Haven't recieved a reply from the club shop about it.
  • Options
    AddickRam said:

DA9 said:

I hope they are doing Avec Baby Kits I need to get one for my lads 3rd Birthday. I think the smallest Nike Junior one will be too big and too expensive at that rate.

Haven't recieved a reply from the club shop about it.
    My 3 year old is very small and the xs kit was way too big , Forgot to ask about the Avec
  • Options
    To be honest I got used to last season's kit and started to really like it! New kit I don't like so much probably coz I dislike the coller
  • Options
    DA9 said:

Now that... is f***ing mental.