Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

I've got a spare ticket to see THE WHO, PAUL WELLER & THE KAISER CHIEFS at Hyde Park tomorrow

I've got a spare general admission ticket for tomorrow. Can meet near the venue on the day for collection. It's £80. Inbox me if interested. Thanks

Comments

• Options
    One of the guys we're going with tomorrow has a spare too.
  • Options
    Hope you manage to get rid of your spares lads. I'll be there and really looking forward to this. With Johnny Marr, Gaz Coombs and The Rifles and a good few more it should be a great day. Best full line up of the Hyde Park gigs this summer!
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    What time does it start?
  • Options
    Gates open at 2pm

Gaz Coombes 3pm - 3.30pm
    Johnny Marr 4pm - 4.50pm
    Kaiser Chiefs 5.20pm - 6.20pm
    Paul Weller 6.50pm - 7.50pm
    The Who 8.20pm - 10pm
  • Options
    The link below gives the running schedule for all stages.

http://www.bst-hydepark.com/whats-on-1/stage-times-who-taylor
  • Options
    I might popped down for a listen outside.
  • Options
    Found a good spot where I could see a screen and the sound wasn't that bad. The Kaiser Chiefs were okay. A couple of pints then I might go for the who.
  • Options
    Very good day/night. Kaiser Chiefs and weller were very good but the who were superb. Much better then the O2 in March. Caught some of the rifles set at one of the smaller stages and they were pretty good too.
  • Options
    Any sign of 'the book' ?
  • Options
    Can't believe Marr, Weller and The Who (and even Coombes for that matter) are appearing on the same bill as that Twat from the Voice
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    MrOneLung said:

Any sign of 'the book' ?

The one that was released 2 or 3 years ago?
  • Options
    These gigs are a joke.....
  • Options
    PopIcon said:

I'm still astounded people are willing to pay the sort of money being demanded for these.
  • Options
    colthe3rd said:

PopIcon said:

I'm still astounded people are willing to pay the sort of money being demanded for these.
    I've been to a few, even a freebie they are shite. I don't want to sound ungrateful, I was offered these gigs for a bob, but turned them down.Went a few last year and despite being surrounded by amazing folk, everything about these gigs are poor. Sound, logistics and production are cut price.
  • Options
    Thought Johnny Marr was really excellent, Weller was alright, The Who were great.

Highlight for me was Sleaford Mods on a small bandstand stage.

Getting a beer was a joke.
  • Options

Thought Johnny Marr was really excellent, Weller was alright, The Who were great.

Highlight for me was Sleaford Mods on a small bandstand stage. Pals who went to see The Rifles said they were good.

Getting a beer was a total joke.

• Options

Highlight for me was Sleaford Mods on a small bandstand stage.

Getting a beer was a joke.

Didn't realise Sleaford Mods were there. Thought they were on tour in Germany.

Love them and really looking forward to the new album.

How were they received?

• Options
    Managed to hear the who and watch the screen from outside. I agree that although the sounds from where I was standing wasn't good at times (quite a strong breeze) the gig seemed better than the O2. I still thought Pete came into his own during Tommy piece; Amazing Journey was great and then pin ball wizard which really lifted the crowd. I couldnt hear what Pete was waffling on about; something about Weller and there being lots of youngsters in the crowd? I left to avoid the crowds as Wont get fooled again kicked off but I think only another 10 mins left. Even so loads of people totally mashed leaving. Touts were asking £120 a ticket!
  • Options
    Had a great day. Weller is a personal favourite and he didn't disappoint, but I thought Johnny Marr was excellent as well. Spent most of the Kaiser's set queuing for beers (totally agree @falconwood_1 an absolute joke getting served. They need to sort that out. Gigs at Finsbury Park have a far better system), but was impressed with them too.

The Who were superb, but I think I can understand why Roger has said this may be there last "big" tour and they may be going for more intimate venues in future. I thought he struggled a little at times.

It's a pretty full on day of entertainment, although it can be difficult to get to see all the bands. We paid £69 a ticket. I understand that's a lot of money, but for me that was the best line up for these gigs that I have seen since they started and worth it for me.

A nice end to the night...a three piece band set up and playing outside Bond Street tube station. Drew a crowd of about 30 or so and had us all singing along before jumping on the Jubilee line.
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    Really good day. Johnny Marr was excellent and Paul Weller did what was expected really. Not sure what the Kaiser Chiefs were there for and like TellMc32 spent most of their set queuing up for beer (how much money did that 'Rive Gauche' bar take??) - they should have been on before Johnny Marr so more people could have seen him.

The Who were fantastic - and that's not just because I love The Who and would say that anyway. Highlight for me was Love, Reign o'er Me - Daltrey nailed it.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Solidgone said:

Managed to hear the who and watch the screen from outside. I agree that although the sounds from where I was standing wasn't good at times (quite a strong breeze) the gig seemed better than the O2. I still thought Pete came into his own during Tommy piece; Amazing Journey was great and then pin ball wizard which really lifted the crowd. I couldnt hear what Pete was waffling on about; something about Weller and there being lots of youngsters in the crowd? I left to avoid the crowds as Wont get fooled again kicked off but I think only another 10 mins left. Even so loads of people totally mashed leaving. Touts were asking £120 a ticket!

Touts are robbing bastards! 1 offered me £20 for my spare ticket knowing full well he'd be able to sell it for about a ton. Told him to get stuffed. Managed to sell it to someone for £60 in the end.

The Who were bloody superb!
  • Options
    TelMc32 said:

Had a great day. Weller is a personal favourite and he didn't disappoint, but I thought Johnny Marr was excellent as well. Spent most of the Kaiser's set queuing for beers (totally agree @falconwood_1 an absolute joke getting served. They need to sort that out. Gigs at Finsbury Park have a far better system), but was impressed with them too.

The Who were superb, but I think I can understand why Roger has said this may be there last "big" tour and they may be going for more intimate venues in future. I thought he struggled a little at times.

It's a pretty full on day of entertainment, although it can be difficult to get to see all the bands. We paid £69 a ticket. I understand that's a lot of money, but for me that was the best line up for these gigs that I have seen since they started and worth it for me.

A nice end to the night...a three piece band set up and playing outside Bond Street tube station. Drew a crowd of about 30 or so and had us all singing along before jumping on the Jubilee line.

That band were brilliant, would have liked to stay longer. Falconwoods right the queue for beer was a total joke.
  • Options

TelMc32 said:

That band were brilliant, would have liked to stay longer. Falconwoods right the queue for beer was a total joke.
    :smiley: they were weren't they. We'd stopped for a drink around the corner, but heard the last 3 songs they did. They finished with Blur's Song 2...had all of us woo wooing!!
  • Options
    bobmunro said:

like TellMc32 spent most of their set queuing up for beer (how much money did that 'Rive Gauche' bar take??)