Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Comments

• And I for one wish him all the best. A class act when I started watching football in the 70s. One of a few players who never fulfilled their full potential with only 5 England caps but was completely unplayable on his day.

Best of luck Stan.
  • One of my favourite players when I was a kid. A proper old school footballer.
    Loved a drink and a bet. I heard a story that he was late for kickoff cos he was in the bookies next to Loftus rd in full kit placing a bet.
    All the best.
  • I heard story that as soon as he got paid, he often lost it betting on what colour car would be next round the corner. But he had a great talent and was a joy to watch. Wish him all the best as he fights this terrible illness.
  • I heard story that as soon as he got paid, he often lost it betting on what colour car would be next round the corner. But he had a great talent and was a joy to watch. Wish him all the best as he fights this terrible illness.

His book is one of the funniest autobiographies you'll read. The story about being arrested by armed police in a wimpy bar for being a suspected armed robber is very funny.
  • Greenie said:

One of my favourite players when I was a kid. A proper old school footballer.
    Loved a drink and a bet. I heard a story that he was late for kickoff cos he was in the bookies next to Loftus rd in full kit placing a bet.
    All the best.

One of his managers (cant remember who), said, "if Stan could pass a betting shop like he can pass a ball he'd be a world beater." Or words to the effect of.
  • Sad news, Stan was a real entertainer, not a QPR fan but they were often on the Big Match on Sunday afternoon and Stan would illuminate games.
  • buckshee said:

I heard story that as soon as he got paid, he often lost it betting on what colour car would be next round the corner. But he had a great talent and was a joy to watch. Wish him all the best as he fights this terrible illness.

His book is one of the funniest autobiographies you'll read. The story about being arrested by armed police in a wimpy bar for being a suspected armed robber is very funny.
    thoroughly agree ....