Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

I come in peace!! Quick question for you.

edited June 2015 in General Charlton
Hello everyone!! Now the euphoria of us getting relegated has passed (actually it probably hasn't :-)) are you looking forward to next season? Rotherham at home, they should bring a big crowd to the valley. :-)
Anyway, just setting up a little side business, making and selling solid wood hand painted iconic football road signs. (Trying to add a pic but on mobile friendly site and it's not letting me) Going to do a Charlton one to put up as a sample, what should I do, Valley Floyd Road or just Floyd Road? Opinions and feed back appreciated.

Comments

• Is it supposed to look like the actual street sign ? If so then it's just Floyd Road
  • Yes mate it is. Still trying to add a pic
  • Here they are. The ones I've made so far.

good luck with Shrewsbury :smile:
  • Can't wait for Shrewsbury! New ground, lovely town, early august, big away following. Going to be a great day. Who you got first game?
    P.s. So you think just Floyd Road?
  • Has to be Floyd Road, or you could go with 3 Point Road alongside the SE7 post code. You're probably gonna get pelters from some quarters for little to no reason based on your affiliation, but those signs look like a decent little product. Good luck with it all

As for the season, always got to look forward to a fresh start but couldn't tell you what's gonna happen or what sort of shape we will be in. Despite the obvious piss poor form against your mob, looking at the fixture list, hand on heart its a shame we haven't got a Millwall game to get unnecessarily expectant towards.
  • they look good, how much do you sell them for out of interest?
  • Ah, thanks for the positive comments lads. Appreciated. Yeah, we're really happy with how they've turned out. The markets awash with 'shabby chic' ones (thrown together and painted badly usually!!) but we're taking these up a level, solid colours and put together properly. We're selling them at £30 plus P&P, which is cheaper than most of the 'shabby chic' ones out there atm.
  • Sponsored links:

• Addickted said:
    Yeah, I've got one of Dales ones at home. His are given a very 'rustic' and 'distressed' look. Not the same as ours really. He mixes sawdust in with the paint and stuff.
  • thing is you need to keep the CAFC one as in the photo above otherwise it's not authentic, ie one line, red numbers.

• They look good.

Is there a reason why the 'road signs' are not all road signs, do stadium names sell better for some clubs?
  • Addickted said:
    @MillwallFan - They look pretty good - Do you have a web-site link?
  • and as it's Friday...

MF, one of you're fellow spanners makes similar but they are not as good as yours and he charges a LOT more.

• They look good.

Is there a reason why the 'road signs' are not all road signs, do stadium names sell better for some clubs?

Thanks mate.

I suppose when they don't have a particular road that's iconic to their club then they go with the stadium.
  • and as it's Friday...

MF, one of you're fellow spanners makes similar but they are not as good as yours and he charges a LOT more.

Thanks mate. And yes, Dale's ones of the same size are £39. His larger ones are £49. Tbh that's where I got the idea from. I got one of his as a gift and although I liked it, I remember thinking (without meaning to sound conceited here) I could do a lot better than this. His ones are very light too. Mine feel like a solid lump of wood.
  • Hello everyone!! Now the euphoria of us getting relegated has passed (actually it probably hasn't :-)) are you looking forward to next season? Rotherham at home, they should bring a big crowd to the valley. :-)
    Anyway, just setting up a little side business, making and selling solid wood hand painted iconic football road signs. (Trying to add a pic but on mobile friendly site and it's not letting me) Going to do a Charlton one to put up as a sample, what should I do, Valley Floyd Road or just Floyd Road? Opinions and feed back appreciated.

Not sure when Rotherham visit the Valley .. but I know that there were a few hundred Millers' supporters at the den last season .. did they win there or get a draw ? .. But you know these cheeky northerners .. they love to put on their best sackcloth and clogs and take the horse and cart to the capital city for a grand day out .. AND Rotherham won't face the prospect this season of several hundred nasty Millwall supporting bastards laying siege to the New York stadium the rest of their town
  • If anyone's interested they can inbox me. They measure up at approx 55cm by 15cm, although shorter road names (Floyd Road, Upton park, old Trafford etc) will be 2 or 3 inches shorter, otherwise the letters can look a bit lost on a the bigger sign. Thanks
  • Sponsored links:

• Nice concept, look good, good luck with it
  • like those, if I could persuade the missus to let me put it up...
  • I was thinking about going on a Millwall forum and starting a post with "I come in war" but most Millwall fans don't know how to use the Internet and the ones who do might misinterpret the title and be disappointed when they open the thread.
  • like those, if I could persuade the missus to let me put it up...

If she doesn't let you, can I ask her to let me put it up?
  • Cool idea for a business.
  • Blimey, back in my day, convicts used to make car number plates.............. :smiley:
  • Are they embossed or just painted on a flat surface?...........
  • edited June 2015

Are they embossed or just painted on a flat surface?...........

No, they're embossed. The black edging is the same thickness as the letters, if that makes sense? This picture may give a better idea...

• edited June 2015
    As you can probably guess, im shifting quite a few Cold blow Lane ones :smile:
  • But have my first order for a Floyd Road one, so as soon as it's done I'll get a picture up.