Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Lack of signings is worrying me

If we let latest 4 players mentioned go that will be 19 in total! We had a threadbare squad last season I do hope we get some quality & quantity in soon

Comments

• Options
    Here we go again...........
  • Options
    Cant imagine what you were like in 2013
  • Options
    Players are on their holidays - little will happen until July.
  • Options
    FFS
  • Options
    Why ...it's way too soon!
  • Options
    Unbelievable.
  • Options
    Have any other clubs signed anyone? No. Chill out.
  • Options
    Good timing this thread... Arent we about to sign a Defender?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Totally agree, there's just no time left damn it!
  • Options
    vffvff
    edited June 2015

Good timing this thread... Arent we about to sign a Defender?

The main reason I go is that I like catching up with and watching football with my brother. It is not panic / concern for me about the state of the team but more whether there will be a good enough team playing interesting or decent football that will encourage me or my brother to turn up for more than half the games in the season. (That informs purchase of season tickets / getting motivated to get up of ass to sort it out).

Like @ShootersHillGuru says there appears to be some kind of plan off the pitch. I am not convinced that there is a coherent plan on the pitch.

Bauer sounds promising and a bit more like it.
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    tezza53 said:

If we let latest 4 players mentioned go that will be 19 in total! We had a threadbare squad last season I do hope we get some quality & quantity in soon

You're right. We've had it, best thing we could do is write off next season.
  • Options
    Contracts usually run until the end of June. Players can't sign for another club until they are out of contract.
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    If we have it bad, imagine how they feel at Rotherham and Sheffield Wednesday with just 13 players on the books?!

What matters is the calibre of the signings we make in the next six weeks.
  • Options
    I'm more concerned about who we keep rather than who we sign.
  • Options

If we have it bad, imagine how they feel at Rotherham and Sheffield Wednesday with just 13 players on the books?!

Easy for you to say but Wednesday have a gazzilionaire owner who can buy whoever he wants whenever he wants and Rotherham .... Actually you're right about Rotherham.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited June 2015

Easy for you to say but Wednesday have a gazzilionaire owner who can buy whoever he wants whenever he wants and Rotherham .... Actually you're right about Rotherham.

This time last year we had about ten players on the books and there was panic amongst the faithful! Then Vetokele showed up 24th June followed by the rest of the crew. Right now we have around 20 players on the books with doubts about the quality of three or four. And rumours that Buyens won't return and Bulot needs a bigger contract to stay. And rumours about Gomez being sold of course.

Posters on here squabble over the number of additional quality players we require but they essentially fall into two camps - panic about our fate and Que cera cera!

Two things we know is that M.Duchatelet can afford players but he probably won't pay many millions. My point is that there are many Championship clubs in the same boat as us - the question is whether RD is prepared to pay the going rate and go the extra mile to complete what looks a fairly decent squad rebuild to date. What we don't yet know is whether they aim to finish 12th again or try for the top eight?
  • Options

Indeed, SHG but the missing ingredient for the Owls is one that WE don't have to worry about.....

The Massive problem of appointing a decent manager.

• Options

Indeed, SHG but the missing ingredient for the Owls is one that WE don't have to worry about.....

My source tells me that it's now down to a choice between Pep and Jose.

• Options
    Not worried about us not signing players as fairly sure we will. It's only June so no need for a public meeting in Woolwich just yet.

I am concerned too many of them won't be up to scratch in the Championship as long as Karel Fraeye is doing the recruiting
  • Options

Great shout Guru.

Phil Edward Parkinson or Jose Riga ?

• Options

Not worried about us not signing players as fairly sure we will. It's only June so no need for a public meeting in Woolwich just yet.

I am concerned too many of them won't be up to scratch in the Championship as long as Karel Fraeye is doing the recruiting

Well, tbh, the quality of the squad is a lot stronger now than at this time last season (in my opinon), so, if this represents the quality of Karel Fraeye's recruitment policy, then i dont think he's done/doing a bad job.
  • Options

Pep = Peppa Pig. Quite apt for them.
  • Options

Well, tbh, the quality of the squad is a lot stronger now than at this time last season (in my opinon), so, if this represents the quality of Karel Fraeye's recruitment policy, then i dont think he's done/doing a bad job.
    This time last year we hardly had a squad at all.

Right now we have a squad that finished 12th minus quite a few of its regular starters. No panic but LePoint, Tuchadeam, Raza, Nego and Polish Pete (all Fraeye recommendations) still on the books. Peeters suggested Igor. I'm not impressed.
  • Options
    Who brought JBG in?