Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Well I was going to watch the Copa America as it's on TV over here..

Then I discovered this absolute bell end is commentating....unsurprisingly the Yanks seem to love him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QHDQVGzmsho

Is it just me - could anyone on here sit through 90 minutes of this? Sid Waddell is spinning in his grave, to be fair to Sid he was commentating on a sport that is less than visually stimulating, he was original & funny. This guy is a plagiarist & not even funny. As I said they love him over here.

Comments

• Options
    Without opening the video...welcome to Ray Hudson :D
  • Options
    Who is he?
  • Options
    I don't know Hudson but I got 15 seconds in and couldn't go any further. The free kick 'deluded everybody' apparently.
  • Options

Who is he?

He was a mediocre player in one of the worst ever Newcastle sides. Made his was over to the US & after coaching became a colour commentator. He now ruins a lot of TV coverage over here - La Liga especially - with his Waddell rip-off act. Unbearable but the hipsters who have discover "soccer" over here seem to love him......

• Options
    Surely I'm not the only one who enjoyed that? Highly doubt I could put up with it for a whole game though.
  • Options
    I've heard some bad commentating, but I could only last 30 seconds on this one
  • Options
    He sounds like Partridge
  • Options
    Oakster said:

Who is he?

He was a mediocre player in one of the worst ever Newcastle sides. Made his was over to the US & after coaching became a colour commentator. He now ruins a lot of TV coverage over here - La Liga especially - with his Waddell rip-off act. Unbearable but the hipsters who have discover "soccer" over here seem to love him......

Whats a 'colour commentator' ?
  • Options
    edited June 2015

Oakster said:

Who is he?

Whats a 'colour commentator' ?
    Similar to what we would call a summariser, like Alan Smith but looking at stuff on the periphery of the game and with a bit more zing.

This bloke is annoying, but he can't help being a Geordie. If he said the same thing in a Bristol accent no-one would accuse him of ripping off Sid Waddell.
  • Options
    I prefer the proper American commentary, with the "ball head cleared from the penalty zone over the sideline for a throwing restart" "the left defender commences play from the dead ball situation with a right foot floor ball to the centre field team member, who directs an air ball to the attack player, who is body checked by the goal stopper... Penalty strike given!"
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    26 seconds. No.
  • Options
    Venezuela beating Colombia? Unbelievable Jeff.

Now, how many will Brazil put past Peru?

As for the commentator, he'd soon annoy me!
  • Options
    Just watched the Venezuela game, after checking Hudson wasn't on. Decent game - Venezuela did very well.

Also realized that the games are available in Spanish as well - so the irritating Geordie problem is solved.

Having said that the whole TV coverage is presented by none other than Richard Keys & Andy Gray!!
  • Options
    Brazil losing!
  • Options
    1-1 that lasted long!
  • Options
    edited June 2015
  • Options
    edited June 2015
  • Options
    He sounds quite funny. Better than Townsend and that mug Lawrenson.
  • Options
    "This is not just a dream it's a wet dream of orgasmic proportions".

Isn't every wet dream of orgasimic proportions? There's no point in getting your pyjamas damp for anything less.