Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Rebecca Minnock

Once again the sinister side of the unregulated and unchallenged Child Protection Courts do their dastardly deeds. Convening in secret they have bucked tradition and given custody to a (working) father. Fearing an unfavourable verdict the mother fled with the son she'd reared blamelessly for three years and her family have now been imprisoned.

Had the judge convened and had announced his decision against her, criminal charges of kidnap could have been levied, but the judge hid behind the unconstitutional mire that is"contempt of court". He had not ruled, if he favoured her there would be no charges.

This unaccountable, secretive Quango needs to be stopped. Supposedly in favour of the children, how would they justify taking a child away from the parent that raised him for three years?

I know several guys on here have been on the other end of this levathian's decisions, and I sympathise, but the issue is not their decision but the lack of transparency of their rulings.

Comments

• Options
    Can I be the first to say I don't give a crap.
  • Options
    cafcfan said:

Can I be the first to say I don't give a crap.

Thanks for your crap comment Fan.
  • Options

When i see what my brother in law went through, trying just to see his son, from a previous relationship, who he had had half of the week for all of the first 9 years of his sons life till he had children with my sister and his cranky ex went proper wibble and stopped him seeing him , with lies etc and judges saying we shouldn't be giving custody to the mother but we are and loads of other crap

all i can say is this woman must have done something major wrong for the courts to have given custody to the father

This all day long.
  • Options

Once again the sinister side of the unregulated and unchallenged Child Protection Courts do their dastardly deeds. Convening in secret they have bucked tradition and given custody to a (working) father. Fearing an unfavourable verdict the mother fled with the son she'd reared blamelessly for three years and her family have now been imprisoned.

Had the judge convened and had announced his decision against her, criminal charges of kidnap could have been levied, but the judge hid behind the unconstitutional mire that is"contempt of court". He had not ruled, if he favoured her there would be no charges.

This unaccountable, secretive Quango needs to be stopped. Supposedly in favour of the children, how would they justify taking a child away from the parent that raised him for three years?

I know several guys on here have been on the other end of this levathian's decisions, and I sympathise, but the issue is not their decision but the lack of transparency of their rulings.

You seem to know a lot about it. Are you the judge?

No?

• Options
    From the BBC - the judge seems to be saying a lot considering it's all "secret"!

The actions of a runaway mother at the heart of a custody battle were "utterly irresponsible", a judge has said.
    Rebecca Minnock and relatives tried to manipulate the press with a "publicity stunt" when she fled with Ethan, three, Judge Stephen Wildblood QC ruled.
    But he said he would do what he could to ensure Ethan had "an effective relationship with both parents".
    Ms Minnock, 35, handed herself in on Friday after more than two weeks in hiding with Ethan.
    Mother and son disappeared from their home in Highbridge, Somerset, on 27 May - the day a judge ruled Ethan should live with his father.
    In a judgement at Bristol Crown Court, Judge Wildblood said that had been an "utterly irresponsible way to behave" when the interests of a child were paramount.
    He said she and relatives had tried to cause a "manipulation of the press".
    And he said that during the two-year custody battle between Ms Minnock and Ethan's father, Roger Williams, it had "been found that the mother positively invented allegations against the father on two occasions".
    Ms Minnock's mother Louise, 52, and Louise's partner Andrew Butt, 56, were jailed on Friday for contempt of court after admitting withholding information about her whereabouts.
    Ethan was reunited with his father at the weekend.

• Options
    edited June 2015
    And then there's all the actual recent judgements - para 5 of the 12th June one makes for interesting reading.

https://judiciary.gov.uk/judgments/roger-williams-v-rebecca-minnock-and-ethan-freeman-williams-2-judgments/

ETA as does the whole of the judgement of 8th June. I'll leave everyone to draw their own conclusions.
  • Options
    This is yet another case/example of how difficult it is for the law to reconcile what is best for the child in a relationship breakdown .. the mother usually gets custody, Minnock must be regarded by the presiding judge as a strange or perhaps potentially dangerous woman for this case to be an exception, especially as she and Williams are not married ... I just hope that the boy concerned and the hundreds of thousands of children in similar circumstances are not damaged by the adults' behaviour .. reason goes out the window all too often when loving relationships turn nasty ..
    We don't want any repeat of the recent tragic suicide of the thirteen year old girl after she fell out with her 'stepfather' over some trivial incident. The child MUST be put first in these cases .. the 'law' and the judges have an unenviable and all too often nigh on impossible job sometimes to ensure that this is the end result.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Her behaviour has been appalling and very manipulative. She has ignored court orders and tried to manipulate matters through the press and social media.
    I feel sorry for the child and the father.
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    cafcfan said:

From the BBC - the judge seems to be saying a lot considering it's all "secret"!

The actions of a runaway mother at the heart of a custody battle were "utterly irresponsible", a judge has said.
    Rebecca Minnock and relatives tried to manipulate the press with a "publicity stunt" when she fled with Ethan, three, Judge Stephen Wildblood QC ruled.
    But he said he would do what he could to ensure Ethan had "an effective relationship with both parents".
    Ms Minnock, 35, handed herself in on Friday after more than two weeks in hiding with Ethan.
    Mother and son disappeared from their home in Highbridge, Somerset, on 27 May - the day a judge ruled Ethan should live with his father.
    In a judgement at Bristol Crown Court, Judge Wildblood said that had been an "utterly irresponsible way to behave" when the interests of a child were paramount.
    And he said that during the two-year custody battle between Ms Minnock and Ethan's father, Roger Williams, it had "been found that the mother positively invented allegations against the father on two occasions".
    Ms Minnock's mother Louise, 52, and Louise's partner Andrew Butt, 56, were jailed on Friday for contempt of court after admitting withholding information about her whereabouts.

cafcfan said:

And then there's all the actual recent judgements - para 5 of the 12th June one makes for interesting reading.

https://judiciary.gov.uk/judgments/roger-williams-v-rebecca-minnock-and-ethan-freeman-williams-2-judgments/

ETA as does the whole of the judgement of 8th June. I'll leave everyone to draw their own conclusions.

I thought you didn't give a crap?
  • Options

cafcfan said:

cafcfan said:

I thought you didn't give a crap?
    Not about the individuals, no. But the legal process is turning out to be quite interesting.
  • Options
    I would be interested in Hsrveys Gardrners thoughts re her being blameless and why the decision is wrong.
  • Options
    LenGlover said:

There are no winners and losers here.

The tragedy of divorce and other relationship breakdowns is that too often the poor children are used as pawns by the parents which can have untold unanticipated repercussions throughout a child's life.

One has to be careful not to generalise too much with such a difficult topic but I do think SOME parents put their own ambitions and interests above the interests of their children when deciding to divorce or otherwise end a relationship with the other parent.

I agree with much of this including the not to generalise too much point.

I have been married now to the same wonderful woman for 31 years. We have had massive challenges in our life as some will know on here. We could have given up many many times but somehow we have found a way through.

My sister is recently divorced and fortunately custody of the children is not an issue as they are both grown up. What I do know is that the shenanigans that went on during their fathers various affairs which my sister had to bear had really impact on the kids when they were younger.

This case for me is desperately sad and no one is a winner.
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    Why is this story along with birds getting their tits out for the lads on holiday and random people going to Syria constantly clogging up our news? Are there not more important things for the media to report on?
  • Options
    Who knows what places your mind or judgement goes when you face the potential of loosing your child

I hope they all get the help they require