Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Stuart Gray Sacked

2»

Comments

• Options
    I heard they are trying to get Sven.
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    colthe3rd said:

I heard they are trying to get Sven.

Lock up your Daughters, wives and grannies, Sheffield.

• Options
    Powell should have waited. He'd have been good up there
  • Options
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3121821/Carlos-Carvalhal-set-appointed-Sheffield-Wednesday-s-new-manager.html

Well at least he'll be able to finally get the message across to Semedo to pass the ball forwards rather than sideways.
  • Options
    A manager who has managed 12 other clubs must say something!
  • Options
    another foreign manager coming into the championship .. not good for English football
  • Options
    Tough on Stuart Gray, who did a very good job in steadying the ship and steering Wednesday away from pretty serious trouble after he took over from Dave Jones nearly halfway through 2013/14. They've run a pretty tight budget in recent seasons under Mandaric, relying heavily on the loan market, and - objectively speaking- mid-table wasn't a bad outcome last season. Rather like Charlton, Wednesday overachieved in terms of their (not so massive) budget.

Unfortunately, Gray's sacking was totally predictable once the new owners took over the club. On the way up to our game at Hillsborough in April, there was a quote from Gray in the local press saying that several Wednesday players who were out of contract were playing for their futures against Charlton and in the remaining few games. As my Wednesday-supporting mate observed, they were also playing for Gray's, although that decision had probably already been made.
  • Options
    I'd have Gray over Sven at this level. Unfortunately, having the money to buy a club doesn't give you the intelligence to run one as well as you can. Look at the money QPR have wasted!