Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Bl dy Ch rlt n

"Shocking that Roland won't pay for the upkeep of the Charlton sign at the Training Ground, blah, blah, blah."

But what's this?

We’ve lost our As and Os in support of @GiveBloodNHS National Blood Week -> http://t.co/Tx3T7qzlrx #cafc #MissingType pic.twitter.com/QbPM3mC0c5

— Ch rlt n thletic FC (@CAFCofficial) June 11, 2015

Comments

• h th ts g d ide .
  • When it's on the S
  • When it's n the S

• Should have had the sword with red stripes like the ones outside barbers.
  • Note to board.

"We are a Belgian team...MORE vowels, not less!!!!"
  • Great idea.
  • edited June 2015
    That is how we pronounce it though if someone asks you who you support...

Chrltn Thletic.

You raise your voice pitch at the end to make it into a 'do you know who they are'...
  • How do the missing letters on the badge make people think about giving blood? I don't get that. Someone driving past sees a vandalised sign and thinks ooh I must register to give some blood? Why?
  • How do the missing letters on the badge make people think about giving blood? I don't get that. Someone driving past sees a vandalised sign and thinks ooh I must register to give some blood? Why?

It doesn't.

No one has vandalised the sign. Most likely it has been photoshopped

Charlton have changed their twitter name to "Ch rlt n thletic FC" (see above)

Lots of other people and organisations are doing the same. (click on the link to see)

It's the change alongside the link that raises awareness as there is a link to how and where you can give blood (again see above) and why it is important.

• Unfortunately due to medication I am on I can't give blood but would urge any of you that are able to give blood to do so. You never know when you or a loved one will urgently need a tranfusion. It costs nothing but could save a life.
  • Sponsored links:

• Should have had the sword with red stripes like the ones outside barbers.

Obviously been a while since you needed a barbers G!!! :wink:
  • Hear hear to that, Large but I don't quite see how our club badge leads anyone to log onto t' internet and follow a link prompting this. No doubt it's cos I'm part of our troublesome ageing fan base!
  • Well it's got you talking about giving blood whereas you probably wouldn't have been otherwise
  • CL responsible for that, rather than the gimmick in my book. Nobody would want my blood anyway I'm afraid. But I used to be a donor and would encourage others to do it.
  • Hear hear to that, Large but I don't quite see how our club badge leads anyone to log onto t' internet and follow a link prompting this. No doubt it's cos I'm part of our troublesome ageing fan base!

Struggle to get people on our website when we use our normal badge.....
  • Thank goodness. At first glance, I feared it was our dear club's latest slogan.
  • I used to give blood. I don't know why I stopped but I did.
    I'll find out where i can. So that's an extra pint!
  • Unfortunately due to medication I am on I can't give blood but would urge any of you that are able to give blood to do so. You never know when you or a loved one will urgently need a tranfusion. It costs nothing but could save a life.

I do give blood...........but I do feel guilty that it's only for the free bag of cheese and onion crisps afterwards ;)