Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Disgusted

I would like to congratulate the tossers who burnt down the play park next to the Abbey ruins! My kids loved it there and now the football pen will be closed as well!!!! Why can't kids be kids instead of trying to be wannabe gangsters drinking and smoking!

Comments

• Options
    Unfortunately a lot of the parents are tossers as well.
  • Options
    Scum mate, absolute scum.
  • Options
    Yet another unfortunate by product of the youth of today not having anything to do with their time. That's not to condone what they've done, but for years the youth of today have gradually seen their 'infrastructure' dismantled by local councils that are chasing the developers money.

Certain young people seem to be getting more and more disaffected and detached from what most of us would call a normal society/community. The causes are multi-fold and range from lazy and poor parenting to social issues born from a raft of uncontrollable (as far as the youngsters are concerned) measures implemented by councils and other local authorities.

There needs to be more engagement with them otherwise we'll see part of a generation lost.
  • Options
    "engagement"--"inclusion" blah fecking blah
  • Options

Yet another unfortunate by product of the youth of today not having anything to do with their time. That's not to condone what they've done, but for years the youth of today have gradually seen their 'infrastructure' dismantled by local councils that are chasing the developers money.

Certain young people seem to be getting more and more disaffected and detached from what most of us would call a normal society/community. The causes are multi-fold and range from lazy and poor parenting to social issues born from a raft of uncontrollable (as far as the youngsters are concerned) measures implemented by councils and other local authorities.

There needs to be more engagement with them otherwise we'll see part of a generation lost.

Or, when caught line them up and shoot them. If shooting them was the penalty I wonder how many kids would then behave?

* I really should be in politics you know.
  • Options
    Greenie said:

Or, when caught line them up and shoot them. If shooting them was the penalty I wonder how many kids would then behave?

Doesn't seem to work awfully well in America...
  • Options

Greenie said:

Doesn't seem to work awfully well in America...
    BUT! Think about the savings in benefit.....
  • Options
    Greenie said:

Nah,just stick to posting your doggerel on football forums.

• Options
    All of us were young teenagers at some stage and I know for one , I was a little bstd a complete nightmare in fact but not once did I destroy anything like that or cause damage to something that was one of the only things in the area the kids used, we was bored we were kicking hills and driving residents mad with noise and high jinks, but we were fiercely proud of the little Park in our estate we would batter anyone who disrespected that area,

It's nothing to do with boredom or inclusion, infact there are links to people who do arson to very serious crimes in the future , like people who actually harm and kill animals ,or who start out as flashers and end up as rapists

The person or persons who done this are filth scum
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Essex_Al said:

I just love it when I hear this load of old nonsense being rolled out!!

Kids of today just should never be bored, they have so much to do if they put their mind to it, it is unreal!

Go out there and speak to them first hand. You'll find that when you eventually break down the barriers that having nothing to do or nowhere to go is a huge catalyst.

Like I say, I'm not defending or condoning their actions at all, but there are reasons why they behave like they do.

On the 'should never be bored' line, I agree wholeheartedly. On the putting their mind to it bit, I don't think it's as simplistic as that.
  • Options
    Before we condemn the whole generation of teenagers is there any possibility that this fire was not deliberately started by a teenager?

Could it have been an unfortunate accident? A stray cigarette, from a parent having a sneaky bit of stress relief, landing on a tissue left there unintentionally?
  • Options

Before we condemn the whole generation of teenagers is there any possibility that this fire was not deliberately started by a teenager?

Could it have been an unfortunate accident? A stray cigarette, from a parent having a sneaky bit of stress relief, landing on a tissue left there unintentionally?

I blame the women's World Cup. If it was men playing then these youths would have been at home watching the matches.

• Options

!
  • Options
    I would think a lot of effort went into setting the apparatus on fire, most of these things are designed not to burn easily.
    An accident is highly unlikely and if it was adults responsible god help any children they spawn.
  • Options
    A cigarette wouldn't cause that sort of fire, unless the park was full of combustible material , if TN says his kids play there and knowing TN like I do he wouldn't let his kids play in am area that was strewn with rubbish ,

It's a deliberate act of vandalism caused by a scum bag
  • Options

I would think a lot of effort went into setting the apparatus on fire, most of these things are designed not to burn easily.
    An accident is highly unlikely and if it was adults responsible god help any children they spawn.

Nail on head!
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    Whilst I agree with the open spaces being built on comment, I can't buy the they have nothing to do comment.
    When I was young we'd play kerbsy, use a lamppost as a cricket wicket, British bulldog etc. our local park had a playground but that was about it.
    Now some parks have free facilities such as floodlit ball game cages, tennis courts, outdoor gym equipment, table tennis, basketball courts, skate park equipment etc.
    The big difference is cuts to council budget has meant that we now have about a twentieth of the park keeping staff as we did back then.
    We were by no means angels, but if we were up to no good and a parkie saw us, we legged it. Now, kids actually seek parkies out for confrontation.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    It wouldn't come as a shock to find out that Bexley council or a property developer was behind it (using local kids to start it). They seem to be trying to close as many kids playgrounds as possible in the area as they chase the dirty money at the expense of local children.
  • Options
    National Service
  • Options

National Service

nah, team building in Mosul.
  • Options

Whilst I agree with the open spaces being built on comment, I can't buy the they have nothing to do comment.
    When I was young we'd play kerbsy, use a lamppost as a cricket wicket, British bulldog etc. our local park had a playground but that was about it.
    Now some parks have free facilities such as floodlit ball game cages, tennis courts, outdoor gym equipment, table tennis, basketball courts, skate park equipment etc.
    The big difference is cuts to council budget has meant that we now have about a twentieth of the park keeping staff as we did back then.
    We were by no means angels, but if we were up to no good and a parkie saw us, we legged it. Now, kids actually seek parkies out for confrontation.

Spot on. The leisure facilities available these days are in a different world to those we had growing up in SE7 in the 80/90s
  • Options
    edited June 2015

"Millwall supporter in sticking up for vandalism shock"

I heard the swing was giving it large and the slide was well out of order. : - )

On a more serious note, pretty sure buildings, play areas and similar got burnt down or vandalised when I was growing up in the 60s/70s. And we only had 2 or 3 TV channels and no computers.

SOME young people (and we don't even know if it was young people) were shits then and SOME are now.

Still disgusting what whoever it was did.

This is a very good point. Unfortunately being a c*** isn't a generational thing, it's just that some people are intrinsically bad natured. Acts like this are not on the rise, however access to infomation about it is. In the past this would've been discussed by friends and neighbours in the street and written about in the local rag a week later. Now it can be shared with the whole world in seconds. Let's not use this as a stick to beat a whole generation with, and imply that all of our generations were somehow perfect.
  • Options

I heard the swing was giving it large and the slide was well out of order. : - )

On a more serious note, pretty sure buildings, play areas and similar got burnt down or vandalised when I was growing up in the 60s/70s. And we only had 2 or 3 TV channels and no computers.

SOME young people (and we don't even know if it was young people) were shits then and SOME are now.

I did some pretty horrific things when I was a kid. Things that, when looking back, I thought were so bad that I've actively sought to find the 'victims' to right my wrongs.

If they didn't accept my apology then we invariably ended up in a spat of fisticuffs ;-)
  • Options

The swing and the slide were West Ham (the roundabout chelsea)
  • Options
    Essex_Al said:

I just love it when I hear this load of old nonsense being rolled out!!

Kids of today just should never be bored, they have so much to do if they put their mind to it, it is unreal!

Sadly this kind of not-so-petty vandalism is still around. But i believe the data suggests there is less of it, and one factor is that kids actually are LESS bored than 10-20 years ago -- because they generally have games, music etc at all times... YouTube & Angry Birds may have actually had a positive social impact.

As discussed here (http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-21041160) the evidence that kids are less bored is far from conclusive, but this kind of incident does seem less common now. Not a great consolation I guess when it happens in your area, but we need to keep a sense of proportion...
  • Options
    If you read the report they are looking for 5 boys and 4 girls between the ages of 14-16!! Last Sunday the park was packed out with maybe an easy 2-300 people enjoying themselves with there kids! WHERE DO THEY GO NOW?