Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Short article on goings on at Charlton over the summer

http://www.cafcpicks.com/cgi-bin/drkish/display.pl?month=201506&date=20150608&time=2219

For those that complain "nothing's happening" etc etc and those that are genuinely interested in what IS happening

Comments

• Not that I'm doubting that they've all got plenty to do, of course. I'm sure they have.
  • Nothing unusual there and anything that we don't know about already. Common practice at a football league club over the summer period.

• shirty5 said:

Nothing unusual there and anything that we don't know about already. Common practice at a football league club over the summer period.

True but for some, especially on FB, nothing is happening
  • i thought the kit thing was stretching the point a little bit. I'd wager they could receive (!) sort and print the names by August without too much stress...
  • shirty5 said:

Nothing unusual there and anything that we don't know about already. Common practice at a football league club over the summer period.

An entire new ST and turnstile system, new big screen and camera set up, new pitch, new printer contract for the programme and whatever continues to rumble on with the Sparrows Lane redevelopment.......That's not all happening at Gillingham as well is it ?
  • PL54 said:

shirty5 said:

An entire new ST and turnstile system, new big screen and camera set up, new pitch, new printer contract for the programme and whatever continues to rumble on with the Sparrows Lane redevelopment.......That's not all happening at Gillingham as well is it ?
    Thank you. That saves me looking up Gillingham Life later on then!
  • JiMMy 85 said:

i thought the kit thing was stretching the point a little bit. I'd wager they could receive (!) sort and print the names by August without too much stress...

Assuming the kit (x 3) arrives on time, they can get the right sizes, know which players will have which number and remember the kit is not just the shirt or even the shirt, shorts and socks.

Training kits, tracksuits, balls and God knows what else to be sorted out, cleaned, prepared etc.

It is a little bit more than sticking "Delort 9" on the back of one shirt
  • Who'd swap all of that for a new striker?
  • So the season tickets are going to be the old-style, problematic swipe cards rather than the up-to-date tap/touch cards ?
  • Sponsored links:

• JiMMy 85 said:

i thought the kit thing was stretching the point a little bit. I'd wager they could receive (!) sort and print the names by August without too much stress...

And get them to play all the pre-season friendlies in skins?
  • JiMMy 85 said:

Don't start that again!!!
  • TelMc32 said:

JiMMy 85 said:

Don't start that again!!!
    Sorry, Admin can you delete, Didn't mean to leak the news of our first signing.
  • Hex said:

So the season tickets are going to be the old-style, problematic swipe cards rather than the up-to-date tap/touch cards ?

Of course it will be the most crap available
  • They must be double busy.
    I got an email yesterday encouraging me to renew my st. I did this in April (well they took the payment but I can't recall a confirmation letter/email).
  • New screen?

No more Fiiiiiiish?
  • Yeh whatever...

SIGN SOMEONE!!!!!!
  • Sounds like the new big screen will show replays which is pretty good - hope the picture quality is decent.
  • vffvff
    edited June 2015
    Would like some encouragement to renew ST. This relates to any actions or noises from the club regarding playing staff and a decent team being built. Not seen anything in that direction yet.
  • Charlton Athletic in "staff getting on with their jobs " shocker!

The surprise here is that we have that many staff left. "Kitmen"? What, more than one person to sort out the kit? Sounds extravagant to me.