Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Where to watch football next season

I'm hoping to head to uni in September and I will end up in either Southampton or Canterbury.

After looking at a map of clubs in the football league it seems that Charlton is one of the closest to Canterbury and only Southampton and Bournemouth are close to Southampton which I'll unlikely be able to get tickets for (and I think Portsmouth is a bit too far - and grim)

So I was wondering if anybody had been or knows of any good non-league teams in either Southampton or Canterbury?

Comments

• Dover Athletic are only 20-30 minutes on the train (and a 5 minute walk) from Canterbury East train station.
  • Canterbury City, Whitstable Town, Herne Bay, varying non-league standards.

Margate are a simple bus ride away.
  • Though in all honesty mate, there's better distractions at uni than non-league football.

Chess club is fantastic.
  • Get over to Maidstone and watch the Stones play
  • Though in all honesty mate, there's better distractions at uni than non-league football.

Band camp
  • Or get the Valley Express and get up to the see the mighty Addicks ... If you can get out of bed in time, that is.
  • If you got to Canterbury surely you'll just come and watch Charlton ? It's not too far and as above its cheap/easy/quick on Valley Express
  • Went to uni in Portsmouth and watched both Portsmouth and Southampton in my time there. Though not regularly because of cost. Still made it up to Charlton as regularly as I could.
  • Eastleigh are in the conference and reached the play offs this season and it is on the outskirts of the city