Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Bilic to West Ham

Confirmed apparently.

Poor appointment IMHO, has a reputation built on outwitting Steve McClaren twice which isn't hard.

Comments

• 15/2 to get relegated. Unlikely, but not impossible.
  • The club that just keeps giving.

West Ham's fans will never be happy until they stop having delusions of grandeur.

They think they are a top 6 side and they they should be playing football like Barcelona.

Good luck with that Hammers.
  • Poor appointment IMHO

agree, nearly as poor as Newcastle appointing McLaren

• I love the notion of the "West Ham way" of playing. Most of us don't remember 1980 and even fewer recall the Moore/Peters/Hurst era. They are serious relegation candidates next season, in my view.
  • MrLargo said:

15/2 to get relegated. Unlikely, but not impossible.

fingers crossed eh?
  • The funny thing is the way people have been talking about him being a former player as if he was some sort of West Ham club legend, when he was there for a season and a half!
  • The funny thing is the way people have been talking about him being a former player as if he was some sort of West Ham club legend, when he was there for a season and a half!

Jorge Costa made 24 appearances for us during one season and is viewed by many as a bit of a Charlton legend. Bilic was very popular at WHU albeit for a relatively short time.

That said - a p poor appointment and let's hope he takes the twats down!
  • The club that just keeps giving.

West Ham's fans will never be happy until they stop having delusions of grandeur.

They think they are a top 6 side and they they should be playing football like Barcelona.

Good luck with that Hammers.

I'd have to agree. I'm not an Allardyce acolyte, but people like him and Steve Bruce get a job done. Bruce obviously didn't deliver this season, but on the whole, if you look at his career, especially Allardyce, these are capable managers.

West Ham seem to think they are on run toward competing in the CL. Not at the moment for me. They sign a lot of unkown foreign players that may or may not come good. I see their owners more like business personalities now rather than quietly getting on with it. Especially Brady, she loves the attention. Just because they are moving to a bigger stadium doesn't mean they're ready for the next level.

I don't think Bilic is their no.1 choice either. Better managers have rebuffed them in Ancelotti and Benitez. Bilic's record over the last few years since Croatia has looked pretty poor. I see them finishing lower mid table again. It will be funny if they go down
  • Sponsored links:

• I was surprised to read he had only played 54 games for them!
  • JohnBoyUK said:

I was surprised to read he had only played 54 games for them!

Will he manage them for more games?
  • bobmunro said:

The funny thing is the way people have been talking about him being a former player as if he was some sort of West Ham club legend, when he was there for a season and a half!

Jorge Costa made 24 appearances for us during one season and is viewed by many as a bit of a Charlton legend. Bilic was very popular at WHU albeit for a relatively short time.

Costa was always a short term loan of somebody (unfairly) forced out of his club, Bilic joined West Ham, then buggered off after a year and a half to join Everton!
  • Would love them to go into their brand new stadium after relegation.

It sounds funny, but that would realistically mean them selling massively discounted tickets to fill the ground for a season when they'll probably be challenging for the title or playoffs, more wins than defeats. Might make it easier to hold on to the fans if they are promoted.
  • bobmunro said:

The funny thing is the way people have been talking about him being a former player as if he was some sort of West Ham club legend, when he was there for a season and a half!

Costa was always a short term loan of somebody (unfairly) forced out of his club, Bilic joined West Ham, then buggered off after a year and a half to join Everton!
    I don't disagree - my point was about length of stay and popularity not necessarily being linked.
  • bobmunro said:

bobmunro said:

I don't disagree - my point was about length of stay and popularity not necessarily being linked.
    Sure, it's just that I don't remember him being that popular, like Di Canio was or Julian Dicks
  • Saw a report on The Olympic Stadium on the news yesterday and the exact words used were, West Ham WILL be playing Premier League football in The Olympic Stadium (Said to the person I was sat next to, would love it if West Ham go down because then they wont be) thinking it could happen now.
  • Yeah I can't understand letting big Sam go now. Stinks of when we let Curbs go the year before the big TV deal money started getting shared around and the parachute payments went from 2 to 4 years.

Keep that steady, if not always exciting, man at the helm, make sure you are in the Premier League when you move stadiums and then think about gambling on a more exciting manager. They don't have such a strong squad that they would be immune from relegation regardless of who is in charge so I think they are taking a big risk of ending up in the Championship playing in a 60,000 capacity stadium that is 3/4 empty.
  • Sponsored links:

• Saw a report on The Olympic Stadium on the news yesterday and the exact words used were, West Ham WILL be playing Premier League football in The Olympic Stadium (Said to the person I was sat next to, would love it if West Ham go down because then they wont be) thinking it could happen now.

Where did you see this report Paulie? On TV? We (the Trust) want to keep track of all media coverage of it, since we remain active on the matter.

• edited June 2015

if they do get relegated I honestly think West Ham will have 46 away games, What I mean by that is even their Official home games I think more away fans would turn up than home, West Ham fans will stay away after relegation and away fans will want to go to the Olympic Stadium

One of your finest, ridiculous comments.

I'll eat my hat. I say I'll eat my hat, if Rotherham have more fans at W Ham than W Ham.

I can just see Rotherham taking 25,000 to W Ham FFS.
  • if they do get relegated I honestly think West Ham will have 46 away games, What I mean by that is even their Official home games I think more away fans would turn up than home, West Ham fans will stay away after relegation and away fans will want to go to the Olympic Stadium

One of your finest, ridiculous comments.

I'll eat my hat. I say I'll eat my hat, if Rotherham have more fans at W Ham than W Ham.

I can just see Rotherham taking 25,000 to W Ham FFS.
    and what are the chances of Rotherham still being in The Championship

Where did you see this report Paulie? On TV? We (the Trust) want to keep track of all media coverage of it, since we remain active on the matter.

it was on TV not sure if it was BBC News or ITV
  • Would love them to go into their brand new stadium after relegation.

I would LOVE IT if they got relegated next season, Kevin Keegan style.

• West ham have a very loyal following and the Olympic stadium will grow that 100% regardless of what league
  • West ham have a very loyal following and the Olympic stadium will grow that 100% regardless of what league

You're right they have a very big following ( most of Essex it seems ) but that doesn't translate to bums on seats strangely enough.

They have to get the price structure just right for the new stadium otherwise i can see it being half empty after the initial buzz and curiosity of when they first move in.
  • I have only missed 2 games we have played against the hamsters too my knowledge since I was 13 and I can not remember ( not that I am right) the stadium being anything other than particularly full, not always our end but if there was I don't recall it

If there's one team who's support I am envious of it is theirs , noisy well followed and loyal , now it's not a love in on my part but out of all London teams their fans in my opinion deluded in their stature and size and what they deserve to be winning ,

But vocally and loyalty second to none
  • edited June 2015
  • Most games I have been to at Upton Park have been a sell out and believe the attendance in the championship was good too