Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Florida Theme Park tickets

Hi, I am sure this may have come up on other threads but despite searching when I should have been working this morning I cannot track it down.
Going to Florida in September and looking for any advise re. good deals on park tickets, any help greatly appreciated.
Thanks

Comments

• I used these guys, can't complain: https://www.floridatix.com/
  • I am also about to book tickets for this summer

https://www.travelrepublic.co.uk/ do some good deals too
  • Out of curiosity how much are the park tickets?
  • smiffyboy said:

Out of curiosity how much are the park tickets?

from travel republic, as I'm looking at the site right now... (adult prices):
    14 day Disney £289
    14 day Universal £126
    Combo tickets £411
  • smiffyboy said:

Out of curiosity how much are the park tickets?

When we went a couple of years ago I paid £1200 for 14 day tickets for 3 of us. That got us in everywhere except Legoland which we booked when we got there.

Going back in November and my daughter doesn't want to go back to Disney so it is about £500 cheaper. However, we will be doing Kennedy Space Centre and a few other bits that we missed last time, so am expecting it yo work out about the same.
  • I bought direct from the theme parks, online, before I went....no idea how much it cost but a) it was worth it and b) I didn't have to fanny around looking for all the best deals! Have a great time..I'd love to go back but have got to save up for the theme park tkts again :-) We went to: Universal x 2 days, Typhoon Lagoon, Animal Kingdom and MGM Studios one day each..Universal Studios far and way the best for us, with a 10 year old son.. Enjoy. (also, buy the queue jumper tkts if you can afford them...and Virgin Holidays tkts get into the Universal Parks an hour before everybody else - well worth it if you can get yourself out of bed to be at the park at 8am...)
  • Just spent 2450 quid on park tickets for us five , we have Xmas with Mickey mouse this year and I can't wait

14 days in a little mermaid suite blinding ,
  • edited June 2015
    Got ours in the Irish pub (pretty sure there is only one, cant remember name) on Intl drive, second hand sellons and a bit iffy, saved us $100's and no probs
  • Got ours in the Irish pub (pretty sure there is only one, cant remember name) on Intl drive, second hand sellons and a bit iffy, saved us $100's and no probs

Not sure when you went, but don't think you'd get away with that now.

For Sea World, All Disney Parks and Universal we had to produce photo ID to activate our tickets.

They also took a snap and associated it with the ticket. When it was scanned at the entry point staff were checking the image against the ticket.

First day we went to Sea World I saw several people turned away because the photo's didn't match.
  • Ah ok, this was about 2 and a half years ago, they were doing fingerprint recognition at entrance, nearly always worked, if not the guy we bought from had given us a script ie name address and when they had been used etc
  • Sponsored links:

• Missus has reminded me we bought Universal tickets here (UK) before we left, much cheaper, had days left over and flogged in said Irish pub.
  • Ah ok, this was about 2 and a half years ago, they were doing fingerprint recognition at entrance, nearly always worked, if not the guy we bought from had given us a script ie name address and when they had been used etc

You've reminded me actually. Had to take the ticket and photo ID the first time. It was then finger print checked against the saved photo.
  • On international drive you can find booths which sell park tickets for a lot cheaper than websites! You can use the I Ride to navigate your way through Intl Drive and Orlando. Only $12 per person for a 7 day ticket using the I Drive which is a very reliable service. Still useful even if you have rented a car.

http://www.iridetrolley.com/
  • Used mouse savers, they do great discounts on all Florida tix through undercover tourist.com . We went in April, and that was they 5th time I've used these guys.
    There great as they post all tickets to you immediately allowing you to set up all your "Disney Magic my way" bits like fast passes etc. also means you don't need to wait at will call when you arrive, you just go straight to turnstile and into the park.
  • Thanks, lots of info to look at.
    Never been to Florida before, done California twice and New England into Canada once but decided to do Florida as my daughter is 19 this year so probably last big holiday for all three of us together. Don't intend to spend all the time in the parks as we want to explore as well but you can't go to Florida without doing some of them.
  • Thank you, looking to take my 2 later in the year but never knew the cost of them
  • @BowieAddick - I did a week in Orlando, then we went down to Miami for a few days (via an airboat ride in the Everglades) and then a week in Key West...excellent holiday and saw more of Florida than 'just the parks',,,
  • @Charlton Charlie - That is more us to be honest, on all of our previous holidays in the USA we have travelled around, first two in a car and staying in hotels/motels along the way. Second visit to California was mostly spent travelling around in an RV, also going inland to Vegas and Grand Canyon.
    We thought we should do the Florida trip with our daughter while we still have the chance but are intending to pick 5 parks maximum and the rest of the time we will explore (and shop according to our daughter)
  • @BowieAddick - if your daughter is 19, then you can probably discount most of the Disney parks, as they're aimed 'younger' (I know some people will disagree with that).. We loved the two Universal parks and had a great day at Typhoon Lagoon (as a 'rest' day - wife on backside reading a book all day, son and I hurtling down water slides...).. Loads of shopping of course... There is so much to see in Florida (I didn't even think about the west coast), but I can recommend the Keys for a few days of chillin' / not doing much at all.. We had a villa in Orlando, with a car, which we then kept and drove ourselves to Miami (4 hrs?) where we stayed in a hotel on South Beach and then another 4 hours or so to Key West.. We flew home from Miami though, so not as far to get back to the airport on the last day... Planning on two weeks in California next summer (funds permitting) doing a fly drive from San Diego to San Francisco..bloomin love the US (and still exploring a relocation to LA with my employer, but that's looking like a long shot...).. Am very jealous of anyone going to Florida in the near future...
  • @Charlton Charlie - my husband and I did fly drive in California before my daughter was born then 7 years ago we did virtually the same trip with her. Flew to LA had a couple of days there before going down to San Diego (zoo is amazing) for a day or so, picked up an RV and headed inland to Vegas, onto Grand Canyon. Made our way back to San Francisco via Yosemite amongst other places. In San Francisco picked up a car and drove back to LA via Highway 1 taking in Monterey, Carmel, Pebble Beach, Malibu, Santa Monica etc
    RV is a great way to travel in the US you have total freedom to go where you want and there are RV parks everywhere (even Circus Circus in Vegas), Yosemite was fantastic BBQ using collected wood in the moonlight.
    I want to go back now!!!