Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Championship Betting 2015/6

The betting for next season is shown in the Racing Post today and I was shocked (and possibly pleased) to see that only Rotherham are shown at longer odds than us. Thoughts?

Comments

• edited June 2015
    In the eyes of the bookmakers we have an injury prone goalkeeper with 2 young backups, a solid enough right back with knee problems with an 18 year old centre back as the only cover, who will probably be sold in the summer. We have the aforementioned 18 year old and our 4th choice centre back as our only options in central defence. At left back we have another crock and another young player as back up. Midfield has an ageing crocked club captain, a 35 year old, Lepoint and Jordan Cousins. Right midfield we have JBG, another player strongly linked with a move away, and an unfancied young winger on the left in Harriott. We also have Moussa, a crocked utility player in advanced positions. Up front we have a crock in Vetokele, and Watt, who is also very young. Buyens, Bulot, Ben Haim, Eagles and Johnson were all regulars in the match day squad late last season who won't be here, so it's hardly surprising in my eyes.
  • Yes, with the current employed players, we have no chance
  • Placed £20 on us to win the league @ 100/1

Very unlikely but if we do well, I should be able to cash out. Plus, if it happened, I'd never be able to forgive myself.
  • Something like 3.75 to finish top half with SkyBet. Considering a hefty punt on that

A treble I looked at was the above with Everton to finish top half of Prem, Swindon to finish top half of League 1 coming out at 7.50 (13/2)

I can see why our odds are so long to do anything of note this season, but based on the fact we finished top half last year and I believe the squad SHOULD turn out to be a better crop of players this year, I think it's worth taking on at these prices