Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Incredible FC SION

Most of you may not know much about this Division 1 Swiss football team.
In the 50's, during my days in Switzerland, they were an established third division team and were promoted to the second tier in 1957.
Promotion to Div.1 followed in 1962. They then reached their first Cup final in 1965, and won it.
They've had their ups and downs since, but managed to reach another eleven Cup finals.
They won them all. A world record.
They were the underdogs in all those finals bar one, in 1997, when they achieved the double!
Cup finals are always played in Bern, Young Boys's ground. Young Boys is a top Club in Switzerland (11 titles, 6 cups) but whilst playing at home,
they lost 4 finals against Sion, their nightmare bogey team.
Sion will be playing their 13th Cup final tomorrow. Against Basel, a club whose relative success in international competitions (remember Chelsea?)
gives them a status never achieved in Swiss football.
This time, the odds against Sion are absolutely huge but would you risk a bet agaist them?
I know I would'nt.

Comments

• Options
    You forgot the most important fact in their illustrious history, unless I am mistaken Mark Bright played for them before us
  • Options
    cfgs said:

You forgot the most important fact in their illustrious history, unless I am mistaken Mark Bright played for them before us

Haven't forgotten him. He went on loan there but never played for them;
    He's 53 today.
  • Options
    Brighty is 53 feck me that's made me feel really old at 40
  • Options
    adrian said:

cfgs said:

Haven't forgotten him. He went on loan there but never played for them;
    He's 53 today.
    Have they built a statue of him yet?
  • Options
    Were there any hairdressers in Sion ?
  • Options
    Iron, like a Lion, in Sion.

Bob Marley liked them!
  • Options
    Didn't they kicked out of Europe a couple of seasons ago due to transfer shenanigans which subsequently saw Celtic reinstated?
  • Options
    Unlucky 13, perhaps?
  • Options
    Blimey. They're 1-0 up after 15 minutes.
  • Options
    Come on sion!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    It's now 2-0 !!
  • Options
    3-0 !
  • Options
    Wow! Ive got them in a bet sadly it also involves england winning too
  • Options
    Extraordinary Sion. They've done it again.
  • Options
    @adrian, after your initial post I had a little bet on Sion to win...thanks for the tip!
  • Options
    Richard J said:

Were there any hairdressers in Sion ?

Nobody else is running with this :(