Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Secret Cinema

2»

Comments

• Options
    I'd never heard of it until a few months and as they are gearing up to a much bigger project this year they seem to have chosen a film that would appeal to a massive audience and taken it from a 'secret society' to mass marketing. Last year was Back to the Future which, by all accounts, had some issues due to the size of the project but this year with the Empire Strikes Back it looks like it is going to be very popular, in terms of numbers, despite the price of £80 for a ticket. Has anyone been to one if these in the past and is anyone planning on going this summer, or has anyone been yet?
    Only just seen this thread so please excuse me being late to the party.  I got free tickets to this and that was too expensive.
  • Options
    I'd never heard of it until a few months and as they are gearing up to a much bigger project this year they seem to have chosen a film that would appeal to a massive audience and taken it from a 'secret society' to mass marketing. Last year was Back to the Future which, by all accounts, had some issues due to the size of the project but this year with the Empire Strikes Back it looks like it is going to be very popular, in terms of numbers, despite the price of £80 for a ticket. Has anyone been to one if these in the past and is anyone planning on going this summer, or has anyone been yet?
    Only just seen this thread so please excuse me being late to the party.  I got free tickets to this and that was too expensive.
    Only looked at this thread this morning I'll go with an open mind and see how it goes, bit of a family/girly day so I'm just tagging along.

• Options
    Anyone going to Romeo + Juliet Secret Cinema this August?
    Avoid the balcony seats behind the annoying girl that’s standing up and calling out to her boyfriend down below asking him where he is ? 
  • Options
    edited July 2022
    All went well yesterday nothing great but a bit of a laugh, well attended.
  • Options
    I went to a Star Wars one at the Print Works a few years back. It was too busy to really get involved.
  • Options
    My experience of this event series is that if you go full immersive, costume and mentality of being amongst it, you enjoy it a lot more than turning up to have a look (my own experience -  not opinion on others…). This has helpfully jogged my memory on Guardians of the Galaxy SS style - “I am Groot!”
  • Options
    If you are a fan of Peaky Blinders I can really recommend the immersive show at Camden. The guys who played Tommy, Alfie and Arthur had their characters and accents down to a tee. Went on Thursday £39 per ticket. (Although looked to go again and price seems to have gone up now to £49)
  • Options
    You can watch it round my house for £50 a ticket, will even chuck in 4 tins of strongbow.
    Forget I even posted on this thread until it popped up again, started 7 years ago!

The offer stills stands 4 cans of Strongbow to come round and watch a movie, but as they say what with inflation and all that, and that money doubles every 7 years , it’s now £100 not £50!
  • Options
    Anyone going to Romeo + Juliet Secret Cinema this August?
    Avoid the balcony seats behind the annoying girl that’s standing up and calling out to her boyfriend down below asking him where he is ? 
    So I saw a tweet yesterday that was basically explaining ‘wherefore’ doesn’t mean where, it means why; and its about him being a member of the opposition family. In that case, best avoid the annoying girl that’s standing up and calling out to her boyfriend down below and asking him why he isn’t somebody else.