Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Any electricians out there...

... Who would cast an eye over an electrical report for me, just to make sure I'm not being ripped off please?

Comments

• Walshies love child if he's around
  • If no joy i can ask someone for you
  • Electrical report relating to what mate?
  • smiffyboy said:

Electrical report relating to what mate?

House my wife and her brother are buying to let in Nottingham. Had an electrical report done and there's about £500 worth of work needs doing apparently. It looks fair enough to my untrained eye, but If someone who understands could spend five mins looking at it for me I'd be grateful.
  • Got someone looking at it for me now. Thanks for the responses guys, much appreciated.
  • How old is house incidentally?
  • About thirty years Raz.
  • If you want a second opinion forward on to me
  • just selling my place and was asked about this, if i was buying something and wanted to get the electrics up to current spec i would expect at least that. The regs do change every 5 minutes, then again things get safer, so I suppose its worth doing, especially if its flagged as unsafe.
  • There's amendments to the current regs coming into play january 2016 I believe
  • Sponsored links:

• Does your report require you to change the ccu?
  • The world and his wife seems to be buying to let
  • Does your report require you to change the ccu?

I cant see anything saying that, but it's 11 pages long and I don't know exactly where to look.

no, it's his wife and her brother.

This; when everyone in the UK owns 6 properties each, who are they gonna rent to?
  • We've actually reduced ours, both me and the missus kept our flats. She sold hers to a buy to let, and now I've sold mine, and buying holiday home instead

personally I think it's a nightmare, we just sold a house we were renting out in Bexleyheath and to cut a long story short I had to pay the best part of £5k to get the tenant out as we had an immediate buyer - or go through the process of evicting them. Thankfully we made a decent profit on it so it didn't eat too much into it, but I don't think I've ever been as angry.

Put me off ever doing that again and I won't be, far too much aggro
  • We ( well the missus and B in L ) are fortunate to be buying for friends. They have four pets and therefore most landlords won't touch them. It is very much a long term thing for all involved ( although, of course, you never know what's around the corner ). We don't have to worry about agencies taking a cut, so we can let for under the going rate and it works well for all concerned. Thanks again for everyone's help and advice.