Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charles Kennedy RIP

Has passed away aged 55 at his home. Clearly had his troubles and no details of the cause as yet but it would not be a surprise if the two aren't linked.

RIP

Comments

• Options
    RIP
  • Options
    RIP another lost soul looking for the answer where it didn't ever exist

• Options
    Blimey, that's surprised me, and also how quickly and forgotten someone can become when not in the public eye
  • Options
    Shame. I'll never forget that appearance on QT just before the election. Poor guy. I think that, combined with losing his seat may have tipped him over the edge.

RIP
  • Options
    He was one of the guests when I went to see HIGNFY being filmed a few years ago. Seemed a nice guy and was quite funny.
  • Options
    His appearance on QT should never have happened, I feel for his family
  • Options
    RIP, sad news
  • Options
    A great politician of this age, bedevilled by demons
  • Options
    Yet more sad news. As others have said, he had his problems, but still too young to die. R.I.P.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Seemed like a nice bloke.

RIP
  • Options
    RIP very sad
  • Options
    RIP

The way Lempit Obik was talking on this morning about him and saying how concerned for him he was, wouldn't rule out there's a bit more to his death
  • Options
    Seemed a decent man. RIP
  • Options
    Always one of the wittiest MPs who took part on HIGNFY. Seemed to be one of the most genuine too - as affirmed by Lordromford. Sad loss. RIP.
  • Options
    RIP, sad, leaves a 10 year old son.
  • Options
    RIP
  • Options
    Huskaris said:

Shame. I'll never forget that appearance on QT just before the election. Poor guy. I think that, combined with losing his seat may have tipped him over the edge.

RIP

No more to add really .. I never had much time for the man but 55 is far too young to die .. R I P
  • Options
    He was famously a great bloke, one of the few good eggs in politics, shame about his demons. Rip
  • Options
    RIP
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

RIP
  • Options
    Davo55 said:

A very talented and human politician. I understand he lost his father just a month ago, then his seat (held since he was 24) in the general election. What a terrible time for his family.

It might sound strange to say it, but I really hope that it was something natural like a heart attack, rather than him taking his own life. Not conjecturing here, just thinking of his family.

RIP.

No it doesn't sound strange, I get exactly where you are coming from.
  • Options

Huskaris said:

RIP

No more to add really .. I never had much time for the man but 55 is far too young to die .. R I P
    I know we have our political differences Lincs, but I am genuinely puzzled by this. What wrongs has he done to make you indifferent to him?
  • Options
    Very Sad RIP
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    Different views to me mostly but came across as a decent, sincere man (for a politician) and 55 is way too early, especially leaving behind a young family.

RIP
  • Options
    Bloody hell. RIP.
  • Options
    Always came across as a decent guy, and even with his demons appeared to be doing a good job. Just before he confessed to being an alcoholic I actually voted Lib Dems as for once a leader of a party made me believe in what they were saying.

RIP, very sad news and especially tough as he leaves a wife, and a 10 year old son behind.
  • Options
    One the good guys.
    RIP
  • Options
    Shocked by this. RIP