Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Job Interview. logistics manager. Help please

edited June 2015 in General Charlton
Hi All
I've applied for a job as a logistics manager at a housing association .its an internal post .The role involves running the maintenance teams .multi skilled. Voids .and gas.this will involve the day to day repairs. Ordering parts .making the operation run smoothly etc . does anybody do anything like for a job .It ask me to do a presentation. On what I would do in the first year .I've been in the repairs for 9 yrs so I no that bit about the job .But I just need that extra edge to land this job. Thanks in advance for looking and your help.the interview is this Thursday

Tony Miessner

Comments

• I work in facilities management. Sounds like a bit of M&E with a bit of Site manager/admin attached.

Tell us a bit more?
  • Sorry mate .what does M&E mean please. Basically what they want me to do is run the day to day diarys of the different trades. Running a bit of a call centre. We're the girls or men input the jobs .try and save travelling time and still offer a good service to are Tennants .They want cost effective and to have less non productive time .hope its starting to make a bit of sense thanks
  • Sorry mate .what does M&E mean please. Basically what they want me to do is run the day to day diarys of the different trades. Running a bit of a call centre. We're the girls or men input the jobs .try and save travelling time and still offer a good service to are Tennants .They want cost effective and to have less non productive time .hope its starting to make a bit of sense thanks

Mechanical and Engineering :)

Is it basically the case that you will be co ordinating these guys or that you will be managing them? If you will be co ordinating and administering their jobs you need to show a keen eye for detail, and an ability to learn new software systems quite quickly (a lot of these companies use work order/purchase order systems) any kind of filing system knowledge will be good too... As well as possibly a basic grasp of the necessities of stuff like planned preventative maintenance etc.

Without knowing a bit more about the job I couldn't really help you more I'm afraid. And I'm guessing you wouldn't know much more yourself unless you get it! Haha
  • Is it not mechanical & electrical
  • fatrob said:

Is it not mechanical & electrical

Yes