Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Bit bored and disappointed on the coach after game so I..

edited April 2007 in General Charlton
tried to think of a Charlton player's surname for every letter of the alphabet now we have ZZ :)
This was the list I came up with but there's some gaps just can't think of a couple and I don't want to cheat eh:) so anyone else want to finish it for me.

Ambrose, Bowman, Curtis,Diawara,Endean,Flanagan,Gritt,Humphreys,Izzet,Johns,Kinsella,Lee,Mendonca,
Nelson, O------,Peacock,Q-------,Rodgers,Stuart,Tees,Ufton, Vaughan( striker in the 50's?) or Varney if not, Warman, X-----, Young, ZZ.

That's how we should be teaching the alphabet in school eh? Bit like the kid of the Barnestoneworth fan Hegarty A etc.
If you haven't seen Ripping Yarns you won't know what I'm talking about.
And I also got to thinking about that Harry Enfield spoof of old footballers where they're all smoking pipes on the pitch and Paul Whitehouse keeps doing this great dribble. Is that out on DVD anywhere anybody know?
The things you think about on a long trip back when you've lost eh?
Thought it was a great day from the supporters.
It's still not over but whilst I think we have a sufficient amount of talent in the squad, collectively they just struggle to cut it and want it enough.
Did feel as though we were celebrating the years in the Prem yesterday. It may not be over, but if it is, it has been a great ride eh?
Here's to us coming back, and here's to the club for organising it all yesterday again.
And maybe we could sign someone next season beginning with an X eh :)

Comments

• Brendan O'Connell or Ricky Otto. Not sure who was the worse player!!
  • Ha ha thanks! :)
  • Vince O'Kane from the 70's.
    Q is a hard one.....have we had anyone called Quinn or Queen (I never mentioned Ambrose....).
    X - maybe ZZ's got a mate, Xay-Lent..... we could do with somebody like that. ;-)

I think you're thinking of Charlie Vaughan from the 50's (long before my time, ha ha)
  • I cheated and looked in The Valiant 500 but still can't find a Q or X