Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Teenage and young support

edited April 2007 in General Charlton
Good to see that there was a large amount of teenagers and young support up there.

Comments

• Agreed - I mentioned this in the separate topic under 'No more Operations'

I saw quite a few 'new' fans on this trip that I wouldn't have expected to follow Charlton before and many of them had kids at Primary school age. It is the kids that will insist that they are still taken to Charlton next year and bearing in mind that many of them will already have renewed their season ticket, we may not see much of a drop-off. In fact, if we go down and do as well as I would expect us to, then we could even see an influx of more new fans. Time will tell.
  • Indeed, the future looks good. I thought it was funny that I had to tell the lads in front of me to stand up. Standapppp.

Guess you had to be there....
  • lol good one
  • Try 11 hours on a coach with 21 Crown Woods Kids!! The poor Coach Steward!!
  • [cite]Posted By: ReddyRascals[/cite]Try 11 hours on a coach with 21 Crown Woods Kids!! The poor Coach Steward!!

Yeah but they were celebrating the fact they only had 9 days left of school!!

Totally agree with you though rascal,they were a complete nightmare as if the journey isnt bad enough (especially on way home). The coach steward and drivers were'nt best pleased,i'd be surprised if they can book in the same name again!

Oh the youth of today! (god i feel old)
  • Are there any teenage friendly pubs around Charlton, may try and get my 13 year old brother to a few games next season.
  • ha ha ha, yeah i was one of them Crown Woods Addicks!
    See you all at Liverpool!
    Up The Addicks!
  • i'm not complaining, its good that a big group of local lads are becoming Charlton.

A few years following us will soon knock the enthusiasm out of em !!
  • edited April 2007
    [cite]Posted By: Swordinhand[/cite]ha ha ha, yeah i was one of them Crown Woods Addicks!
    See you all at Liverpool!
    Up The Addicks!

if you really were one of them, do you honestly think that 'ha ha ha' is appropriate for your actions which included openly admitting to stealing top shelf mags from the 2 service stations on the way up, bringing them on the coach and passing them round in front of women and kids. singing songs about (doubtful) sexual conquests, including f**king each others mothers again all in earshot of women and kids. disregarding numerous requests from the steward to remain in your seats. when getting back on the coach we were told that seats had been grafittied. making the rest of us wait by being 15 minutes late back from our 1st stop on the way back (then moaning the 2nd stop was gonna be cut short). spitting chewed up paper (and other mess) all around the coach. a water bottle shooting down the aisle landing at the feet of the driver on the way up. i dont know what happened in the toilet on the way back, but the steward had to stop a kid from going in there. the smell of burning (and the smug comments to try and say that it wasn't you followed by laughter). the driver warning that they may impose a £250 surcharge to someone (charlton?) for the cleaning of the bus.

as for see you at liverpool i'll be there, just let me know how many of the 21 are going and how you're getting there then i can make alternative arrangements.
    if this is our future support then we are going to put off current fans.
    a question to the club henry..... how was it allowed that so many kids could get that many tickets? the drivers actually said that if they weren't so young they would have considered throwing them off at a service station.

ps. djdaveydave you had a right result being put on another coach (i recognise you from your account pic).

cue the 'boring bastard jibes'
  • Expecting some kind of decent behaviour is far from being boring, if your account of what happened is true then that is disgusting and an embarrassment to the club.
  • Sponsored links:

• thing is stu, last year at operation riverside, we were on the last carraige of the train that got wrecked. it really is putting people off.
    yesterday we had my mates kid nearly in tears because he couldn't get to sleep (guess who's kid). he also does other non freebie away games and i can see him not bothering once he has the choice.
  • feel for you PBS, if i was on that coach then i would of been seriously doing my nut.

But then i remember how my lot used to behave on the coach when we were teenagers, and it don't sound too dissimilar i'm embarrassed to say. Though we would tow the line when warned.

I think the learning point from this is they shouldn't let groups of youngsters travel together in such large groups.
  • Or they should be told to behave, or walk.

Problem is there is about a 1,000,000 legal reasons why you couldnt just boot em off.
  • edited April 2007
    dont get me wrong afka, when i done my time on the coaches we were no angels, but would be aware of how far you could go.
    in schools isn't there a legal requirement of teacher/pupil ratio on days out. all you needed was 1 adult who was responsible for the group and any damage/behaviour then the problem wouldn't have been as bad.
  • here we go, newest user 21cws and a whyte????. whyte was the name of the person who booked it.
  • we didnt do da burnin on da coach also on the way bk it was 2 who were late bk 2 the coach not all 21 of us and the adults at the bk were joinin in with us singing so dnt blame just us yer.
  • I'm not so old myself and wouldn't want to tarnish all with the same brush (noticed the one from the group cleaning some of the mess at the 2nd stop home). Think the main learning point is that any person who isn't at a legally responsible age (16 or 18 whatever it is) should have a responsible adult with the (note the responsible) and this should be something imposed by the club if its via club travel. The drivers and steward were tied to keeping them on and I think the group knew this.

A bit of banter etc is expected and we should be encouraging people to follow Charlton away but we need to retain the faithful too.
  • yer but we didnt have anything to wit the toilet and also yer da was some graffiti but we cleand it all off and for that 2nd stop we took all da rubbish off and we are all 16 responsiible age then arnt we. the people in here complainin are gna mak alot of people go and support other teams who are loud and arnt all old and grumpy.
  • 21cws, whyteywelcome to the site and hope you stick around.

I weren't there, so not gonna knock any young lads that are Charlton, but if you do the trip on mass again, just have a think that when it looks like others might be getting a bit pissed off, just turn it in for a bit. We might sound like old gits, but a lot of us on here starting going by doing the trips on the coach with a big group of mates, and sometimes its easy to forget you might be pissing the others off.

But please keep the text writing to mobiles, and not on here. Its too hard to read and we'll just delete the posts if its all text sh*t.

cheers mate
  • ok. alot of people in this conversation have said that they use to go games away with big groups andd you was kinda like us so why isit alright for you and not for us im just wondering.
  • Sponsored links:

• fair point, but if all the things listed above are true, then it looks some of you may of just stepped over a little.

Your young, and with your mates, none of us are the bores you may think we are, we know exactly what it was like, and most of us still make ourselves look total arses when pissed at games occassionaly.

But you just have to remember, being stuck on a coach with other people for 10 hours is different to when your hanging over the park and its just you lot. It can get annoying to some, and also intimidating to others when there is nowhere else to go, especially when its a big crowd. Have your fun, just next time have a think and have a bit more consideration for others.

That don't sound to unrealistic, does it ?

Oh, and the difference is that when it was our lot someone a lot bigger and a lot older would come down the coach and threaten to give you a right-hander :-)
  • The difference is we respected the other people around us, especially when young kids (younger than you) were about,no one is saying you cant have a laugh and a banter but a little respect dont hurt anyone!
  • yeah alot of that was us but like 21cws said, we didnt burn anything, were not plums we did wanna get home on a fully working coach. The blokes sitting at the back where singing with us, and thinking about what to sing with us, so blam them also for the inconciderence to the kids, and mayby some body should have said something if this kid was nearly in tears because how are we meant to know thats going on? were not heartless people we obviously would have stopped if we would have known. the rubbish wasnt just ours, although alot of it was ours, and the toilet, hardly any of us used that. so you cant blame all the miss-haps on that coach on our group.

this is why we usually get a train to away games because of the less confined spaces and more privacy to muck about, have a laugj and enjoy a good day out supporting the addicks! it was just unfortuneate that this time round our only option was a coach. so you wont have to put up with us again any time soon.

and for liverpool were going up the day before on the train so dont worry you wont run into us.
  • edited April 2007
    Disagree totally, there was probably was a fair few younger charlton fans there , that were supporting our team.

But unfornutely due to it being a day out , little chavs wearing clothes which suit 'black' people. Decided to come along, i'd say out of all the young teenage groups that were there half of them went home and asked what the Man Utd or Chelsea score was, and the next time we'll see them is at another operation or free travel.

At 1 stage saw a group of these kid's laughing at our own fans for getting mad. I respect those that are genuinly Charlton, but can't understand why we never see them apart from the 'big' games.

Anyone else on the coaches that got completely surrounded by about 150 WHU at the services on the way back, only 1 or 2 cafc coaches to their 10 or so. Half way through the queue to get kfc, the 'bubbles' song is all round the station. Essex mugs.

Apart from that , didn't get lost once, which made a change and pleased that there was a abbey wood pick up this time.

Still if we do stay up, it will just go back to the 2 coaches parked in that car park again, and 500 or so real fans.
  • you all think straight away the big group of teenagers done it when actually we didnt do all what was made out. oh yer we had two kind of young kids with us who were sitting right by the men at the back and also i bet you forgot about the men at the back started to get there ass out when the westham coach went past. what do you have to say to them probley nothing.
  • [cite]Posted By: YoungAddickCws[/cite]yeah alot of that was us but like 21cws said, we didnt burn anything, were not plums we did wanna get home on a fully working coach. The blokes sitting at the back where singing with us, and thinking about what to sing with us, so blam them also for the inconciderence to the kids, and mayby some body should have said something if this kid was nearly in tears because how are we meant to know thats going on? were not heartless people we obviously would have stopped if we would have known. the rubbish wasnt just ours, although alot of it was ours, and the toilet, hardly any of us used that. so you cant blame all the miss-haps on that coach on our group.

this is why we usually get a train to away games because of the less confined spaces and more privacy to muck about, have a laugj and enjoy a good day out supporting the addicks! it was just unfortuneate that this time round our only option was a coach. so you wont have to put up with us again any time soon.

and for liverpool were going up the day before on the train so dont worry you wont run into us.

fair points.

Don't get us wrong, we ALL want youngsters coming through the ranks. Too many local kids are gloryboys or muggy Millwall.

I don't blame you, the club in hindsight was wrong to let such a large group of youngsters on one coach, and should learn from that in future. And if it does happen again, just have a little think if theres women and little's un around, they might be getting a bit frightened or pissed off and tone it down a little.

We're all in this together.
  • Bexlyheath_red...........we are loyal and go to pretty much every away game that we can afford. however i do agree that there was too many little wiggas there.
  • Listening to "who you'd Slam" in respect to people on other coaches, the rendition of "get your T**s out for the lads" and also the comment made by one member of the group regarding the race of another coach driver and linking it to the bus blowing up were pretty inconsiderate I'd say. The spitting paper around the bus was disgusting (I'd look up how stuff like Hep C is spread if I was you).

It sounded like you were very proud of your school but I'm not so sure the school would be so proud of you.

All I ask is you think a little if you're in the same situation again.
  • Yeah obviously understand the fact that the price is sometimes a bit too much, but it would be nice to see some more younger fans there a bit more regularly, it's not too much for Kids tickets.
  • [cite]Posted By: ReddyRascals[/cite]Listening to "who you'd Slam" in respect to people on other coaches, the rendition of "get your T**s out for the lads" and also the comment made by one member of the group regarding the race of another coach driver and linking it to the bus blowing up were pretty inconsiderate I'd say. The spitting paper around the bus was disgusting (I'd look up how stuff like Hep C is spread if I was you).

You sure you weren't on Ketman's minibus ??? :-)