Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Pig

Is he one of ours still, or on loan (apologise if covered elsewhere, couldn't see on first page)

Comments

• Ours, on loan at Southend
  • Thanks Large, come on s'arfend
  • Hope he plays tonight.
  • On the bench. Hope he comes on and scores the winner.

Wasn't it Wycombe fans at one of our league 1 away matches? When their game got called off and they all ended up at one of ours instead...? Or am I just getting old?
  • edited May 2015
    Also two ex-players there, Hogan Ephraim and Paul Hayes starting for Wycombe.
  • Feed the pig.... haven't followed his progress closely, disappointed not starting
  • If not ready for Div 2 start, when will he (if ever) be ready for championship, still hope he gets on and does well, good luck The Pig
  • ross1 said:

If not ready for Div 2 start, when will he (if ever) be ready for championship, still hope he gets on and does well, good luck The Pig

Has made plenty of starts but hasn't scored in a while.

http://www.soccerbase.com/players/player.sd?player_id=68946

18 starts, 4 sub apps, 6 goals
  • Scoham said:

Pigott is a similar player to Hayes, neither are the physical target men you'd assume they would be from their size, and seem happier with the ball to feet
  • It's going to be very difficult for him to make it with us now, KAG, Umerah and the other chap that got a pro-deal in the u18's (Lookman ?) are all giving him competition and have done well at youth level this season.

A good performance in this game could put him into Luzon's thoughts as this pre-season is probably make or break for his Charlton career.
  • Sponsored links:

• Think Hayes has probably been the best player in the first half.
  • Scoham said:

Myles Weston also on the bench for Southend.

• Frustratingly low quality game
  • The Pig enters the fray !
  • Coming on to the pitch now, come on The Pig
  • Here comes Piggy!
  • C'mon The Pig!
  • Quality of this game has been beyond awful.
  • Sponsored links:

• I saw Joe a few weeks ago at a friends party, he came across as a really nice guy and said his loan was going well but the div 2 defenders were pretty dirty and that refs gave very little protection in that league.

He did not know too much about next season and had not met Luzon yet but was due to sit down with him in the coming weeks to see if he fitted in to his plans.

Hope it works out for him wherever he ends up.

cafctom said:

Quality of this game has been beyond awful.

Given these two comments I do wonder sometimes how much our youngsters actually gain from going on loan to League Two/Conference (sometimes below) teams. Is it really preparing them for the Championship ? Are they picking up the skills that we want them to ? Is simply getting competitive, first team experience enough or should we be thinking a bit more about how we develop our young players ?
  • He's been really lively since coming on. Perhaps Southend's biggest threat.
  • Extra time it is.
  • What a dreadful game of football.
  • Not sure I can do 30 more minutes of this
  • It has been dire.
  • Ha was thinking the same. Has to be up there with one of the worst play off finals I've seen. Hardly any goalmouth action in 90+ minutes
  • edited May 2015
    Great free kick... smacks against the underside of the crossbar twice and squeezes in. 1-0 to Wycombe.
  • Great free kick... bounces up against the underside of the crossbar twice and squeezes in. 1-0 to Wycombe.

From the player who looked to have given away a penalty.