Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

No more operations

edited April 2007 in General Charlton
Why does this happen every time the club go out of their way to get everyone involved.
The board were great, coming out before the game same as at Boro, the fans were absolutely amazing and I will never forget the announcer asking all charlton fans to sit down and we immediately went into a chorus of 'stand up if you love charlton'.
But ... the players were in the main ineffective and useless. Half of them seemed to be looking forward to their holidays and a lucrative (injury-free) transfer in the summer. We put so much effort in as fans and these millionaire prima-donnas cannot be bothered. I know this does not apply to the entire team but yesterday felt like they were taking us for fools. I felt so low last night but yet, as all football fans do, I wake up again this mornong thinking ... well .... maybe ... there is a faint chance. But, to be honest, if the players perform again as they did yesterday we haven't a hope of beating the spuds or scousers.
We are all gonna need a break by the time the end of the season begins. Hopefully we will be still in the premiership but if not, let's make sure that at least the hard-core charlton get behind what is left of our team next season.
C'mon you reds!!!.

Comments

• Options
    Going back to the fans comment, I liked it how after the game finished 4-1 we were chanting Pardew's name. That was class.
  • Options
    The players have been like it all season - thats why we are in this situation. Fact is is that these players are not good enough for the prem. Chumps league here we come :o(
  • Options
    Looking forward to away games next season with just hardcore fans and not just part timers who want to visit big grounds and see the big teams play.
  • Options
    Browny- lets hope that some of these "part timers" prove you wrong and turn up.

I think you might be suprised. The premiership era will have converted more than you think.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: StanmoreAddick[/cite]Browny- lets hope that some of these "part timers" prove you wrong and turn up.

I think you might be suprised. The premiership era will have converted more than you think.

Intersting point Stanmore - I saw quite a few 'new' fans on this trip that I wouldn't have expected to follow Charlton before and many of them had kids at Primary school age. It is the kids that will insist that they are still taken to Charlton next year and bearing in mind that many of them will already have renewed their season ticket, we may not see much of a drop-off. In fact, if we go down and do as well as I would expect us to, then we could even see an influx of more new fans. Time will tell.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Friend_Or_Defoe[/cite]Going back to the fans comment, I liked it how after the game finished 4-1 we were chanting Pardew's name. That was class.

Yes definitely - he certainly knows that he has our full support!
  • Options
    Rovers still not too happy according to their rivals board:

"What is it about us playing relegation threatened teams and falling down to 10 men, we're playing at home and we still couldnt hold a 1 goal lead or keep a clean sheet!?"

Perhaps he should also have added that they were completely outsung and that Blackburn must have some of the queitest fans in the Premier.
  • Options
    I agree with no more one-off operations I think - they have been a great rallying cause but the results have never followed.
    The reason we do these operations is because we have such a low level of away support, what might be more effective is to spend the money to try to boost our regular away support. No magic wand of course but perhaps could be a handful of initiatives

e.g.
    1. priority membership scheme for away fans - 3 away stubs can be exchanged for free membership, priority over VG

2. give all ST holders a voucher for free coach travel to an away game (north of London) of their choice - first need 1 ticket stub from any away game apart from ManU/Chels/Liverpool/Arsenal.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Salad Spinner[/cite]I agree with no more one-off operations I think - they have been a great rallying cause but the results have never followed.
    The reason we do these operations is because we have such a low level of away support, what might be more effective is to spend the money to try to boost our regular away support. No magic wand of course but perhaps could be a handful of initiatives

e.g.
    1. priority membership scheme for away fans - 3 away stubs can be exchanged for free membership, priority over VG

2. give all ST holders a voucher for free coach travel to an away game (north of London) of their choice - first need 1 ticket stub from any away game apart from ManU/Chels/Liverpool/Arsenal.

Interesting ideas - certainly we need to do something to increase away support.
  • Options
    Yeah i think i'll need the whole of next season just to get over this one.

I could see the lower, and only small groups were standing, any aggro with the older generation who were sitting ?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    We were in the back half of the lower and evryone stood for the entire game.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: stonemuse[/cite]We were in the back half of the lower and evryone stood for the entire game.
    looked to me that the lower was standing all game
  • Options
    Anyone on the 2nd plane on the way out? Good lot of singing by a bunch of lads with Proclaimers 500 miles (which they started again on the way back) and the stewardess had to ask them to quieten down while they made the safety announcement lol.

Also when we took off and a group started singing 'we are staying up' - ie plane not the team ... oh well I guess you had to be there, not so funny when you type it out!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: stonemuse[/cite]Also when we took off and a group started singing 'we are staying up' - ie plane not the team ... oh well I guess you had to be there, not so funny when you type it out!
    lol!! :-D
  • Options
    I was in the R Block about half way up and we stood all game.

We had kids, shorties, ladies, old ladies, old gents all around us and no one said a thing. For once at an away game I was sat in the right seat (bloody row 2 at Boro in the cup)
  • Options
    agreed, stood all game and didn't hear a single complaint. The request sit down suprised me, met with uninversal disdain.

I don't think the atmosphere would of continued throughout the game like it did had we been sitting down.
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    [cite]Posted By: stonemuse[/cite]Anyone on the 2nd plane on the way out? Good lot of singing by a bunch of lads with Proclaimers 500 miles (which they started again on the way back) and the stewardess had to ask them to quieten down while they made the safety announcement lol.

Also when we took off and a group started singing 'we are staying up' - ie plane not the team ... oh well I guess you had to be there, not so funny when you type it out!

I was on the third plane. A selection of songs from the 70's 80's and 90's were blasting out from the last bus from the terminal. The directors on board (Henry excluded) seemed to have forgotten the words :-)