Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Red Dog Saloon-Hoxton

Has anyone on here been? If you haven't been then make sure you do.Food in there is unreal.Gallery on there website below gives an idea of what they do.Highly recommend it.

http://www.reddogsaloon.co.uk/index/

Comments

• Options
    Did you do the Devastator or the hot wings?
  • Options
    I have had the pleasure of completing the devastator. I think i put a picture up on here once when i had it! Best burger ever
  • Options
    I never had the devastator, i did the rib and brisket combo which was decent,also had a burger in there another time but couldnt face the big one,definately think ill go for it next time though
  • Options
    This place looks the nuts, I want to go there now. Has anyone tried the chicken wing challenge, would love to give it a go.
  • Options
    Had the short rib of beef, it was lovely.
  • Options
    Nicholas said:

This place looks the nuts, I want to go there now. Has anyone tried the chicken wing challenge, would love to give it a go.

had the chicken wings as a starter and they were nice,they do chicken as a main too
  • Options
    I've been a couple of times. Last time I went I did the Devastator, far too much food....however was superb. We finished up with a chicken wing each after. What can I say.....DON'T DO IT! I eat hot food, but this was off the scale!

Completely put an end to the night.

One of my mates was in there and a guy had a heart attack doing the wing challenge. You have to sign a disclaimer before you eat them and wear rubber gloves.
  • Options
    The hot wing challenge is beyond words. I had one wing and was nearly sick.
  • Options
    robroy said:

I've been a couple of times. Last time I went I did the Devastator, far too much food....however was superb. We finished up with a chicken wing each after. What can I say.....DON'T DO IT! I eat hot food, but this was off the scale!

Completely put an end to the night.

One of my mates was in there and a guy had a heart attack doing the wing challenge. You have to sign a disclaimer before you eat them and wear rubber gloves.

I hope you remembered to take then off before going for a wee?
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    The big easy is good too. I'll give this place a go.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Heart attack bloody hell. Some people on the wall of fame done them in 25 seconds. How the hell someone did that devastator burger in just over 3 minutes is mental.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    robroy said:

You have to sign a disclaimer and wear rubber gloves.

Similar to an evening out with Nolly in that respect.
  • Options
    Important:

Chips to Portion ratio?
  • Options
    Nicholas said:

Heart attack bloody hell. Some people on the wall of fame done them in 25 seconds. How the hell someone did that devastator burger in just over 3 minutes is mental.

Like this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PeqRaS6YrcU
  • Options
    That's the sort of bloke who will end up choking to death on a bit of tomato whilst having dinner with his mrs.
  • Options
    Food is very very meh at Red Dog. I was extremely disappointed given the hype around the place.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    colthe3rd said:

Food is very very meh at Red Dog. I was extremely disappointed given the hype around the place.

Agreed. Some people mistake quantity as quality.

As for the viper wings, I remember Sticky Wings doing them, before they went over to Brick Lane, I had them the day they closed. It was brutal, second hottest thing I have ever had, and I felt it for quite a while! Not to mention the day after!!!!!
  • Options
    I'm due to go there this summer. Will 100% be having the hot wings. I'm a veteran of phaals countrywide and a fellow heat merchant has warned me about the wings. He ate them but had to call time on his evening after that.

• Options
    Defo give the wing challenge a swerve. I used to be an animal when it came to spicy food, tried the challenge, worst experience of my life and I cannot bear anything spicy now!
  • Options
    Huskaris said:

colthe3rd said:

Agreed. Some people mistake quantity as quality.

As for the viper wings, I remember Sticky Wings doing them, before they went over to Brick Lane, I had them the day they closed. It was brutal, second hottest thing I have ever had, and I felt it for quite a while! Not to mention the day after!!!!!
    Sticky wings is great, as is the Orange Buffalo van in the old Trueman brewery. Best wings in London between those two.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Paying this place a visit this weekend. I think I'm going to go for the Devestator
  • Options
    Forget reddog.
    Go to meatmission just around the corner.
    10 times better!
  • Options
    Jarman said:

Forget reddog.
    Go to meatmission just around the corner.
    10 times better!

Any of their places around London are excellent. Best burgers imo and the chilli cheese fries are ridiculously good.