Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

15th May, 2005. | Charlton Athletic 2-2 Crystal Palace

13»

Comments

• Options
    edited October 2020
    Leuth said:
    What's even the point of having relegated Palace any more, look at them now and look at us now. We should have lost, kept them up and then the butterfly effect wouldn't have played it out like this, the Worst Possible Timeline
    I know the feeling. Dont want to piss on anyones chips, but this game pops up every few months and these days it just reminds me of the gulf between us and them now.

Would we rather have lost that day in exchange for an altenate reality of having the run in the prem that palace have enjoyed over the past decade and dump them into L1 in our place? Maybe?
  • Options
    Young Ben Watson in the palace line up that day 
  • Options
    CAFCTrev said:
    Leuth said:
    What's even the point of having relegated Palace any more, look at them now and look at us now. We should have lost, kept them up and then the butterfly effect wouldn't have played it out like this, the Worst Possible Timeline
    I know the feeling. Dont want to piss on anyones chips, but this game pops up every few months and these days it just reminds me of the gulf between us and them now.

Would we rather have lost that day in exchange for an altenate reality of having the run in the prem that palace have enjoyed over the past decade and dump them into L1 in our place? Maybe?
    The enjoyment of that day eclipses all the s*** we have suffered since.
    That is a weak mindset.
  • Options
    11 mins of pure joy.
  • Options
    CAFCTrev said:
    Leuth said:

What is football for if not to enjoy the memories?
  • Options
    11 mins of pure joy.
    Also my bedroom technique.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    CAFCTrev said:
    Leuth said:

That is a weak mindset.
    Really?
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    CAFCTrev said:
    Leuth said:

That is a weak mindset.
    Well then I've got a weak mind as well.

I've never known The Valley so full a good 20 minutes after the final whistle, so I'm sure we weren't the only two.
  • Options
    Addickted said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    CAFCTrev said:
    Leuth said:

That is a weak mindset.

I've never known The Valley so full a good 20 minutes after the final whistle, so I'm sure we weren't the only two.
    I hate them pricks more than I love Charlton.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Addickted said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    CAFCTrev said:
    Leuth said:

That is a weak mindset.

Really? Do you actually though?
  • Options
    Addickted said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    CAFCTrev said:
    Leuth said:

That is a weak mindset.

It's a fantastic memory, but it doesn't hide all the pain and anguish we've been put through since. 

One game vs YEARS of suffering... 

If you could tell me that we lost that game and as a result we stayed in the PL or at least between PL & Championship and were not used as a play thing by so many owners, I would take that loss. 
  • Options
    What have Palace fans got to gloat about though? Really?

OK, they are in the Premier League. So what?

Their club has lots of money compared to us. Again, so what?

They are a club who are in the Premier League to make up the numbers. They haven’t achieved European football or won any silverware. Their time in the Premier League isn’t greatly different from the time we spent there in that regard.

They get to watch players like Aguero, Lacazette etc every week. But again, who really cares?

I’d much rather support a club that is at a lower level that has a real identity and a challenge ahead, than just being another club who are only present for the likes of Man United, City etc to play and has to force an identity (“South London and Proud” bollocks) just to try and make anyone take much notice. 
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Addickted said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    CAFCTrev said:
    Leuth said:

That is a weak mindset.

Really? Do you actually though?
    Yesss
  • Options
    cafctom said:

They are a club who are in the Premier League to make up the numbers. They haven’t achieved European football or won any silverware. Their time in the Premier League isn’t greatly different from the time we spent there in that regard.

They get to watch players like Aguero, Lacazette etc every week. But again, who really cares?

I’d much rather support a club that is at a lower level that has a real identity and a challenge ahead, than just being another club who are only present for the likes of Man United, City etc to play and has to force an identity (“South London and Proud” bollocks) just to try and make anyone take much notice. 
    Apart from the ground, would swap our position with theirs all day long.
  • Options
    Another year gone by 
  • Options
    cafctom said:

Kind of answered your own question.

If you don't want to be in the premier league or strive to be as high as you can, then why even bother?
  • Options
    cafctom said:

Kind of answered your own question.

If you don't want to be in the premier league or strive to be as high as you can, then why even bother?
    Players like Gunter and Watson give us our proud identity of a struggling mid table League 1 club signing players well past their best. Fingers crossed we replace them properly this summer, there must be a few Welsh legends and ex Palace players in their 30s who are available.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    shirty5 said:
    Another year gone by 
    Sha la la.
  • Options
    edited May 2022
    In our premier league years, we beat Chelsea , Liverpool and Spurs several times , Arsenal at least twice and consistently finished mid table in the premier league .  This is a complete not event , particularly as they have been two leagues above us for several for the last 9 seasons . 

Edit : oh, and we didn’t even win the game !
  • Options
    wmcf123 said:
    In our premier league years, we beat Chelsea , Liverpool and Spurs several times , Arsenal at least twice and consistently finished mid table in the premier league .  This is a complete not event , particularly as they have been two leagues above us for several for the last 9 seasons . 

Edit : oh, and we didn’t even win the game !
    F*** 'em!