Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

thats it lads

edited April 2007 in General Charlton
Why do we bother doing these operation days when sod all happens with them ok by the sounds of it the players put there all in but still not good enough. Mind you at the back of everyone mind we all feared thatcher would get sent off in a crucial game and today so proved. Absolutely gutted. Nothing any of you pessimists will say will change my mind we are down and ,if we are all honest, deservedly so.

Comments

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ledge Knows[/cite]Absolutely gutted. Nothing any of you pessimists will say will change my mind we are down and ,if we are all honest, deservedly so.

Don't you mean 'optimists?'

Or are you being ironic?
  • Options
    It's easy to be cynical but us Charlton fans have a unique and strong relationship with the board and the club and long may that continue.

By taking 6,000 fans to Ewood today the club did all they could to involve the fans and make it as easy as possible to get to a distant away game. No operation Ewood and there would have been 2-3,000 fans tops.
  • Options
    it is not over yet and you shouldn't think it is
    ok we are probably down, but beat spurs and draw at liverpool and we will stay up

SUPER CHARLTON
  • Options
    You're having a laugh.

3 points from:

Man City (a)
    Reading (h)
    Everton (a)
    Sheff Utd (h)
    Blackburn (a)

You want 4 points (probably not enough anyway) from:

Spurs (h)
    Liverpool (a)

I praise anyway who really still has hope but this argument is illogical and blind.

I'm promising myself not to come on this site before the next game. It will only make me feel down. Anyone who sees me on here please instruct me to get off.
  • Options
    I won't let go of the hope until it's mathematically impossible for us to stayup, but today's result hurts.
  • Options
    Good for you. I mean that.

Personall, that's it - I'm gone.
  • Options
    I'm strangely relieved in a way. This season has been a shambles, from boardroom level down - mistakes made everywhere. We have an aging squad, a fair few out of contracts and others that are saleable and/or will not play in the 1st division. I'm looking forward to a Charlton rebuild, even if that means returning the following season whilst the parachute money is still there.
  • Options
    Unfortunately, it's very unlikely to be like last time and we'll be in for a real battle to come straight back up.

Look at the list of teams that have gone down in recent seasons - Leicester, Norwich, Ipswich and Palace etc - and haven't been able to get promoted.

The first year and the parachute money is key, but it will be such a different squad we're going to be looking at and time to see the quality (or otherwise) of the players coming through the ranks.