Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Linkedin

2»

Comments

• Options

'People also viewed' list is interesting, Imagine posting provacative selfies as your profile picture on a professional networking site. 

In other news, I have just received my first headhunter type email of the winter! 

HR Manager at a non-profit has contacted me about a role very similar to my own on £10k more a year... But WFH permenantly... As a BA, I prefer to work with people in person... But it's bloody tempting!
  • Options
    When Linked In started to take off around 2004/5, I worked for a Government Regulator who had links with one of the founders. HR recommended we join, so against my better judgement I did. Me and a mate used to have a good laugh at all the photos people were using; studio taken "power" shots, or studio pics with family and dog sort of stuff. I got my mate to take a photo of me, hands on hips, with my best "ooh scratch your eyes out" face. I;ve never bothered to change it and strangely it doesn't seem to deter prospective new employers...

• Options
    I've always viewed LinkedIn as being a hive of time wasters and tossers. This adds strength to my argument.
  • Options
    IdleHans said:
    I've always viewed LinkedIn as being a hive of time wasters and tossers. This adds strength to my argument.
    One of the best job markets there is. 
  • Options
    IdleHans said:
    Bit harsh on Guinnessaddick