Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

15 Players Released - confirmed list

Comments

• Options
    Surprised about TBH and Johnson - lacking some experience at CB now

Didn't TBH have another year on his contract?
  • Options
    Agreed. Clearing out the youngsters who do not look like making it happens every year. Some will bounce back, others will drop down the leagues and have to get real jobs. The seniors we are letting go are not good enough to get us higher; we could keep one or two or more, but why not look for newer, better players. Just a peek at other Championship clubs released lists has got many on here going "I'd have him"...so if we get (for instance) Jamie Ward for Simon Church, then everyone is a winner! To everyone let go, we should wish them well and thank them for playing for our club.

The key, IMO, is retaining Gudmundsson, Vetokele, Henderson, Gomez, and Cousins. If we can build on them, with more quality than we had this year, then we could have a very good first team, and ample back up from good youngsters and squad players.
  • Options

Has George's move back home been made permanent?

Not that I want him back, just asking, not mentioned by anybody here

ON LOAN UNTIL END OF 2015/2016 SEASON, THEN OPTION TO BE MADE PERMANENT.

• Options
    clive said:

dickplumb said:

So the players contracted as follows. Have I left anyone out?

Pope, Henderson, Dmitrovic, Mitov, Phillips
    Solly, Nego,Gomez, Bikey, Wiggins, Holmes- Dennis, Fox, Lennon, Obileye, Thomas,
    Gudmundsson, Diarra, Cousins, Jackson, Harriott, Moussa, Le Point, Muldoon
    Pigott, Reza, Polish Pete, Watt, Vetokele, Ahearne- Grant

Youth that have been signed on pro forms,
    Bone, Lapslie, Kelly, Hanlan, Umerah, Charles- Cook, Aaron Barnes, Archie Edwards.

New Full time Scholars,
    Aiden Prall - Goalkeeper,
    Ashley Maynard- Brewer- Goalkeeper,
    Kenneth Yao- Centre Half,
    Romarno Simpson- Defender,
    Mustapha Bangurs- Williams- Defender
    Taylor Maloney- Central Midfield.
    Sulaiman Bah- Forward
    Terrique Anderson- Forward.

Zak Ansah
    Dick left him out on purpose : - (

Only joking Dick
  • Options
    Wow looks like we need about 10 decent signings all over the park, with JBG and Gomez potentially going we are pretty light in most postitions.

Get your Cheque book out Roland and Chop chop with it.
  • Options
    PL54 said:

Surprised about TBH and Johnson - lacking some experience at CB now

Didn't TBH have another year on his contract?

No.
  • Options
    I've heard Churchinho was our highest paid player. Very good source too!

Tbh had already said he was on his way. Eagles was in talks so I'm guessing we couldn't agree ££££ so this might. Might be that we are trying to hurry him along to a decision

Or maybe we are signing bigger and better players
  • Options

Has George's move back home been made permanent?

Not that I want him back, just asking, not mentioned by anybody here

18 month loan so a year to go

• Options
    Interesting as well that TBH was on loan and it is being stated that he is going but no mention of Buyens and Bulot...
  • Options
    NAME / CONTRACT EXPIRY DATE

Goalkeepers

Stephen Henderson 2017
    Marko Dmitrovic 2016
    Nick Pope 2018
    Dillon Phillips 2016

Right Backs

Chris Solly 2017
    Loïc Négo 2017

Centre Backs

Joe Gomez 2017 plus one year option
    André Bikey-Amougou 2016
    Harry Lennon 2016

Left Backs

Rhoys Wiggins 2018
    Morgan Fox 2017

Right Midfielders

Jóhann Berg Guðmundsson 2016

Central Midfielders

Jordan Cousins 2016
    Alou Diarra 2016
    Johnnie Jackson 2016
    Christophe Lepoint 2017

Left Midfielders

Franck Moussa 2016
    Callum Harriott 2016

Strikers

Igor Vetokele 2019
    Tony Watt 2018
    Reza Ghoochannejhad 2016
    Piotr Parzyszek 2018
    Joe Pigott 2016
    George Tucudean 2017 (Loaned to Steaua Bucharest until end of 2015/16)

U21 Development Squad

Goalkeepers

Dimitar Mitov 2017 plus one year option
    Jordan Beeney 2018 (had heard he signed a 2 year scholarship and 2 year pro deal)

Right Backs

Aaron Barnes 2016 or 2017 (estimated)

Centre Backs

Ayo Obileye 2015 (contract status not clear)
    Terell Thomas 2017

Left Backs

Tareiq Holmes-Dennis 2016
    Archie Edwards 2016 or 2017 (estimated, u18 scholarship would run until 2015 and he has already signed pro)

Midfielders

Oliver Muldoon 2017
    George Lapslie 2017 or 2018 (estimated, u18 scholarship would run until 2016 and he has already signed pro)
    Regan Charles-Cook 2016 or 2017 (estimated)
    Alex Kelly 2016 or 2017 (estimated)

Strikers

Karlan Ahearne-Grant 2017 plus 1 year option
    Zak Ansah 2016
    Mikhail Kennedy 2016 (estimated, he recently posted on Twitter about his new contract)
    Tobi Sho-Silva 2015 (contract status not clear)
    Brandon Hanlan 2016 or 2017 (estimated)
    Josh Umerah 2016 or 2017 (estimated)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Chrispy51 said:

Interesting as well that TBH was on loan and it is being stated that he is going but no mention of Buyens and Bulot...

TBH signed a 1 year permanent deal, as you say Buyens and Bulot were on loan and still have contracts with Standard Liege.
  • Options
    Had Eagles' two goals for us come at The Valley then I think there would be a chance that more of our fans would be calling for him to be renewed.

Just a shame that his best performances came up at Blackpool and Wigan in the arse end of nowhere!!
  • Options
    Swisdom said:

Tbh had already said he was on his way. Eagles was in talks so I'm guessing we couldn't agree ££££ so this might. Might be that we are trying to hurry him along to a decision

Surely Church wasn't on more than Gudmundson ?

That being said, weren't we desperate for strikers when we signed him ?
  • Options
    Why move Bikey on? - he provides great cover. And if he plays like he did at the start of the season, he'll be a starter.
  • Options
    Only one that I am disappointed with is TBH.
  • Options
    tbh was ropey at best 2nd half of season.

surprised at johnson.. even as a squad player worth keeping
  • Options
    Greenie said:

The only one Im surprised at is Johnson, Eagles was never good enough.

Why? Johnson turned out to be a liability.

• Options
    Back to where we were squad size back in January. Shame deals could not be done with Johnson, Eagles and Tal but if wages were an issue then move on and start looking for Championship experienced players now. Add Buyens and Bulot to departures we are thin on the ground once again.

With the youngsters if they are not good enough then move them on, and hopefully can restart their footballing careers lower down. Not over for any of them.

Just under 3 months to go before the first league of the game of the season, so time is on our side, but we need at least 6 new players there and that's before the likes of offers come in for Gomez and Gudmundsson.

Challenging times ahead this summer for us as fans and players. Henderson and Gudmundsson want to see some ambition from the owner. We do as fans. Will M.Roly and Meire deliver? I wouldn't bet my last tenner on it.

• Options
    Scoham said:

Chrispy51 said:

TBH signed a 1 year permanent deal, as you say Buyens and Bulot were on loan and still have contracts with Standard Liege.
    colin1961 said:

Chrispy51 said:

Not on loan signed one year deal
    Cheers Colin
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    shirty5 said:

Back to where we were squad size back in January. Shame deals could not be done with Johnson, Eagles and Tal but if wages were an issue then move on and start looking for Championship experienced players now. Add Buyens and Bulot to departures we are thin on the ground once again.

I agree we are 'thin on the ground', but if we want to push on, that feels about right for mid-May. We want to strengthen & bring fresh blood in, so some sort of clearout is desirable. Obviously I'd feel different if it were mid-July
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    Swisdom said:

I hope your right.

Because Simon was our lowest paid player( training in a park a week before a season starts, 2 years ago is the clue) The park keeper, a very good source.

• Options
    Yes how could i forget Zac Ansah?
  • Options
    edited May 2015

shirty5 said:

I agree we are 'thin on the ground', but if we want to push on, that feels about right for mid-May. We want to strengthen & bring fresh blood in, so some sort of clearout is desirable. Obviously I'd feel different if it were mid-July
    Spot on - getting our transfer window right has two parts, getting the right players out and getting the right players in. We've started work on the former but only the easy bit, the tougher part is finding buyers for under contract players (Nego/Reza/George etc) who aren't anywhere near good enough to be part of a squad that pushes us on.
  • Options
    TBH and Johnson I presume are pursuing careers elsewhere, while Eagles in his last few appearances has been sadly ineffectual.
    Considering it's the middle of May, then we've have LOTS of time to sort our squad out
  • Options
    TBH did a job for us right from the start - Thank You - no complaints.
    Lawrie Wilson improved on his previous season, but a move is probably best for both parties.
    Jack Munns - would have liked to see what he had to offer in a senior game.

The rest are either exposed or unexposed to first team footy, and of the exposed group, we are best rid of them. Of the others, only time will tell if we did the right thing (Matt Elliot/Michael Turner etc).