Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Ten games or less for Charlton from 2000 to date

2»

Comments

• Options
    who is eggert jonsson?
  • Options
    Having had the misfortune if seeing virtually all of this lot play for us, my chocolate fireplace award for the most hilariously awful individual performance of them al goes to ........

Step forward Mr Daniel Seabourne.
  • Options
    Isn't Dean parrett playing for Stevenage now? He was on the TV last night.
    Jesper Blomqvist could hardly walk when we had him let alone play 90 mins.
    Michael Smith should of been given a chance.
  • Options

who is eggert jonsson?

Some bloke we had on loan from Wolves for a short time. Pretty bad, to put it mildly.

• Options
    Never forget his belly-flop against Coventry when he let in a free kick from about 35 yards. He could have walked across the goal and caught the ball.
  • Options
    I can't believe Carl Ikeme, Graeme Murty and Taher El-khalej had less than 10 games!
    Didn't El Khalej score a screamer in one game (maybe a night gane)?
  • Options

I can't believe Carl Ikeme, Graeme Murty and Taher El-khalej had less than 10 games!

Your getting confused with El Karkouri. El Khalej was from Southampton and shocking
  • Options
    Oh yeah!
  • Options
    Amazingly recognized all of those, but had absolutely no idea that Wade Small played for us.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

jams said:

who is alex stavrinou?!

Academy player. Signed for Ebbsfleet after us, now is out of football i believe.
    Cypriot I believe
  • Options
    Is it true that the family that used to run the Valley Cafe (they might still do) were related to Alex Stavrinou?
  • Options
    Laughed at this thread although recognising every one of them is a touch depressing.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    cafctom said:

Is it true that the family that used to run the Valley Cafe (they might still do) were related to Alex Stavrinou?

No you're thinking of Karacan of Reading. Changed hands since though
  • Options
    cabbles said:

cafctom said:

No you're thinking of Karacan of Reading. Changed hands since though
    Apologies if u saw the original answer with which I agreed. I'm positive it is Karacan. Why I know this and other mindless shit like the background of Gladiators from the 90s TV show, I can't answer
  • Options
    shirty5 said:

The list below consists of players who played for Charlton Athletic in Ten or less League and Cup games from 2000 to date. Some names being back memories of vital goals, played in memorable games, whilst others bring you out in cold sweat and cursing how useless they were or maybe are.

So any memories of these players? Any ideas of where they are now (not the current squad players)? If you like pick your best or worst eleven from them. Enjoy.

Goalkeepers

Tony Caig, Ben Roberts, Carl Ikeme, David Button, Ross Worner, Yohann Thuram-Ulien, Neil Etheridge, Nick Pope and Marko Dmitrovic.

Defenders

Graeme Murty, Gonzalo Sorondo, Tahar El-Khalej, Nathan Ashton, Jay McEveley, Loic Nego, Carl Jenkinson, Harry Lennon, Oguchi Onyewu, Yado Mambo, and Dan Seaborne.

Midfielders

Luke Holden, Jamal Campbell-Ryce, Keith Gillespie, Karim Bargheri, Dean Sinclair, Robbie Mustoe, Josh Wright, Harry Arter, Omar Pouso, Gavin Peacock, Alex Stavrinou, Wade Small, Rashid Yussuff, Jesper Blomqvist, Scott Sinclair, Rubén Bover-Izquierdo, Christophe Lepoint, Milos Velijkovic, Mikel Alonso, Francis Coquelin, Emmanuel Frimpong, Michael Stewart, Abdul Razak, Eggert Jonsson, Dean Parrett, Davide Petrucci, Bally Smart, Jordan Cook and Hogan Ephraim.

Forwards

Stuart Fleetwood, Leroy Lita, Martyn Waghorn, Paul Kitson, Tamar Tuna, Adebayo Azeez, Piotr Parzyszek, Nicky Forster, Michael Smith, Tosan Popo, Leon Clarke, Dany N'Guessan, Marcus Tudgay, Frank Nouble and Karlan Ahearne-Grant

Fascinating - thank you. Some top names.
  • Options

Having had the misfortune if seeing virtually all of this lot play for us, my chocolate fireplace award for the most hilariously awful individual performance of them al goes to ........

Step forward Mr Daniel Seabourne.

I remember it well - really felt for the lad as it was an atrocious debut.
  • Options

I thought Murty was pretty decent in a very poor team, did a good job in organising the defence

Ikeme has had a good career back at Wolves. I recall that because of the terms of his loan signing, that he had to be ahead of Randolph in the team which was a contributing factor to the latter leaving us when his contract ran out...
  • Options
    Michael Smith banging them in for Swindon.
  • Options
    Remember them all except for Rashid Yussuff.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited May 2015
    Mr. Happy said:

Any ideas as to why Michael Stewart seemed to dissapear off the face of the earth after his spell with us? I remember him looking very tidy and being a little disappointed we didn't keep hold of him...

I heard he wanted more money than we were offering, so declined a contract.

He couldn't get a contract elsewhere and came back to us asking for a deal, but we told him no thanks.

I don't believe he signed a deal after that. Presumably got no offers/no acceptable offers.
  • Options

Mr. Happy said:

Any ideas as to why Michael Stewart seemed to dissapear off the face of the earth after his spell with us? I remember him looking very tidy and being a little disappointed we didn't keep hold of him...

I heard he wanted more money than we were offering, so declined a contract.

He couldn't get a contract elsewhere and came back to us asking for a deal, but we told him no thanks.

I don't believe he signed a deal after that. Presumably got no offers/no acceptable offers.
    He is a TV pundit now, and amazingly could have been an MP, as he wanted to stand for the SNP! He didn't get the nomination though.

http://www.heraldscotland.com/news/home-news/ex-footballer-michael-stewart-announces-bid-to-become-snp-mp.1420041557
  • Options
    cafctom said:

Amazingly recognized all of those, but had absolutely no idea that Wade Small played for us.

Actually had the "pleasure" of seeing Wade Small's one and only appearance at Hereford (?) in the League Cup. Truly shocking. He looked like the whole concept of even kicking a football was alien to him. (We lost of course.) From memory, I think Stavrinou played in that game too and actually looked half-decent (and maybe Fleetwood as a sub?). Fleetwood has just been released by some Conference South club can't remember which one.
  • Options
    A few of these boys were part of the glorious night in Shrewsbury when we let a 3-0 lead slip to lose 4-3 in the league cup a few years ago
  • Options
    I can remember all the names on the 80s/90s list but quite a few of these passed me by.

I think Hogan Ephraim (always thought his name was an anagram) is at Wycombe, and Jay McEverley is a Sheffield Utd. Both of those weren't bad players, but there are some real horrors on that list.
  • Options
    Jesper Blomqvist

Wasn't he a speedway rider from years ago?
  • Options
    I can remember each and every one of these players unfortunately. The bad memories have just been dragged back up, it took years of whisky and meth to wipe the likes of ikeme, Seabourne, and Alonso from my mind,
  • Options
    Hayes & Yeading United have signed defender Yado Mambo