Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Guy Luzon: TBH not to continue

Comments

• Beer7 said:

I wish I could add but I can't.

In order words you don't have anything to add.
  • Davo55 said:

Davo55 said:

Not surprised if he moves on. Class player but never quite looked as if his heart was in it at Charlton. If it gives Joe Gomez a lot more playing time I think it will be a good thing overall, provided we get Joe the right partner. Not sure that is either Johnson (too slow) or Bikey (too volatile and too slow).

Joe Gomez is at the stage of his career where we have to be careful not to overplay him anyway, so it's not as if his path to the first team is being blocked by more experienced defenders
    Usually, with a youngster, I would agree with you 100%. With Joe, I'm not so sure. He is such an exceptional talent, fast and strong too, that he might well be able to cope with and prosper through playing as a first choice. That would certainly accelerate his development, and of course his sale value.
    Agreed and it could also delay his departure as he'll be concentrating on playing rather than sitting on the bench thinking "i could be doing this at Arsenal "
  • TBH was great first half of the season. Since January he's done very little imo when he has played
  • Beer7 said:

GL today on an Israeli radio today: "I understand that TBH is moving on to his next position. He's out of contract. We have a 17 years old defender who is going places".

Good riddance TBH. Awful player, awful person. Glad that Guy can see how much better will JG be.

Claudio Bizarro.
  • Can't find any source online which backs this up.
  • Beer7 said:

GL today on an Israeli radio today: "I understand that TBH is moving on to his next position. He's out of contract. We have a 17 years old defender who is going places".

Good riddance TBH. Awful player, awful person. Glad that Guy can see how much better will JG be.

Cant believe you signed up a year ago and kept your first post or comment bottled up for that?

Odd
  • edited May 2015
    That was Peeters' biggest error - I.e getting rid of Morro
  • wmcf123 said:

Our defence wasn't our problem - it was as good as most.
    Scoring goals was the problem.
  • Sponsored links:

• purdis said:

wmcf123 said:

Both Bikey and Ben-Haim lost their form; morrison could do everything that Johnson could and is considerably younger. Also, a leader
  • wmcf123 said:

purdis said:

wmcf123 said:

Both Bikey and Ben-Haim lost their form; morrison could do everything that Johnson could and is considerably younger. Also, a leader
    Diasgree - look at last season - Morro was poor and our defence was poor.
    TBH did not lose form.
    Just my opinion, of course
  • I think that JG needs an experienced organiser next to him. Johnson was doing that when he first started playing.

TBH was a really good player at the start of the season, but didn't give the impression of a great organiser for youngsters.

Another example of that working was when "The Tank" played alongside a young Jonathon Fortune.

Interesting to see how the club will fill that role.
  • edited May 2015
    Indeed I am :) also I meant I was not a fan of him from day one
    Mr. Happy said:

I'm not a fan of him and think he has been shocking most the season. I have said that from day one.

On day one you said he'd been shocking for most of the season?

You must be a right clever clogs.

• RedChaser said:

Beer7 said:

Congratulations. You've managed to reach the Top 100 stupid posts of 2015.
    Hmm, with his first discussion and post as well! Treat with caution fellow Addicks wouldn't be surprised if this was a Pompey fan in disguise :wink:
    ACKWORTH
  • purdis said:

wmcf123 said:

purdis said:

wmcf123 said:

TBH did not lose form.
    Morro wasn't poor last season. Our biggest struggle was our total inability to score goals. The only thing that stopped us being cut adrift was the fact our defence stood up enough for us to squeak out some wins off the few goals we scored
  • I'm not a fan of him and think he has been shocking most the season. I have said that from day one.

He's not been shocking - Church is shocking
  • Sponsored links:

• purdis said:

wmcf123 said:

purdis said:

wmcf123 said:

TBH did not lose form.
    Morro wasn't poor last season. Our biggest struggle was our total inability to score goals. The only thing that stopped us being cut adrift was the fact our defence stood up enough for us to squeak out some wins off the few goals we scored
    Who was it playing alongside Morro last year ? I can picture him but can't remember the name.
  • se9addick said:

purdis said:

wmcf123 said:

purdis said:

wmcf123 said:

TBH did not lose form.
    Who was it playing alongside Morro last year ? I can picture him but can't remember the name.
    Dorian dervite
  • Thanks @Beer7 it's been known for a while that TBH is moving on, but cheers. No interest why you don't like him, but you might be surprised he had been one of our better performers this season and very consistent.

Has there been much on Luzon in the Israeli press since he has joined us ?
  • se9addick said:

purdis said:

wmcf123 said:

purdis said:

wmcf123 said:

TBH did not lose form.
    Dorian dervite
    I actually always thought Dervite was better sitting in front of the defence.

It was Leon Clarke I was thinking of (just looked up last seasons squad).

It's crazy how much our squad changes year on year, it's pretty much only Chris Solly who gets stuck with us year after year !
  • se9addick said:

se9addick said:

purdis said:

wmcf123 said:

purdis said:

wmcf123 said:

TBH did not lose form.
    Dorian dervite

It's crazy how much our squad changes year on year, it's pretty much only Chris Solly who gets stuck with us year after year !
    Think you mean cort, Clarke was a striker
  • edited May 2015

se9addick said:

se9addick said:

purdis said:

wmcf123 said:

purdis said:

wmcf123 said:

TBH did not lose form.
    Dorian dervite

Think you mean cort, Clarke was a striker
    Sorry you're right, Leon Court
  • purdis said:

wmcf123 said:

purdis said:

wmcf123 said:

TBH did not lose form.
    Point taken - just not a big fan of Morro - preferred Dervite and was sorry to see him go.

TBH a different level to Morro, imho, and will never forget my fave ever CB - Jorge Costa.
    Had to pinch myself when I heard we'd got him on loan - he was a proper Centre Back.
    Understand that was Premiership and not fair to compare.
  • Thanks @AFKABartram. I think TBH is like a firefighter starting fires to look like a hero when he turn just in time to put it out. His mistakes lead to heroic efforts from him.

However, there was a basic coverage of CAFC in Israel every game and a positive piece at Haaretz after the HUFC game. Last week there was a big interview with GL, a bit OTT, in which he said many positive things about the club and England.
  • TBH has been very good for us. Perhaps his form dipped slightly in the second half of the season (albeit not on the Bikey scale) and he was no longer an automatic choice under Guy, although I suspect all parties knew there would be a parting of the ways at the end of this season. A quality player but no real surprise that he's moving on.

We'll need some reinforcement in central defence, for sure.