Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Thanks Johnnie Jackson! (Playing years)

2»

Comments

• Options
    edited May 2015
    Reports of Johnnie Jackson's demise have been greatly exaggerated.
  • Options
    wmcf123 said:

Scoham said:

wmcf123 said:

JJ will be reverting to a holding midfield role. He is still very much looking forward to playing again next season although he realises that his new role in the team will limit the goalscoring which he loved so much. No more so than the feeling after a certain goal against QPR the season before last.

He's been great but he doesn't have the ability to be a holding player .
    Did a pretty decent job there under Riga.
    Did he? Poyet was there, from my memory . Cousins and Jackson took it in turns to go forward . Jacko did play well in that run in, granted. I love the guy but he's going to be a squad player from now on . We were much better when he was out of the side
    There were games under Riga when we played two holding midfielders, Poyet and Jackson.

I agree he'll be a squad player but I think he'd have also looked better under Luzon's more attacking football and with Cousins alongside him. He'd have taken Buyens place who had some very good games but didn't do it consistently over the season.
  • Options
    I disagree but we're all entitled to our opinion. As I say, he's been out best captain since Kins and I love the guy
  • Options
    I just don't think you can put the good run down to Jackson coming out of the team. There were a lot of changes that had a part in the good run and most players looked better.

Around the same time we had a new head coach, Watt came in and made an impact, Bulot was given a run in the team and was playing well, Bikey replaced at the back by Johnson/Gomez and Cousins moved into the middle. Add to that the extra depth to the squad with Diarra & Eagles and Gudmundsson starting to regularly score goals.

I'm not saying we'd have seen the old Jackson scoring goals but I think he'd have benefited from the changes Luzon made and looked better for it. Fox got a lot of criticism but he improved and looked much more confident. Church scored a couple of goals and some suggested he should get a new contract.
  • Options
    I wrote off Herman Hreidarsson and Simon Francis at the end of their Charlton careers. I'm saying nothing.
  • Options

Rude thread tbh,

Jacko I hope you don't read this

I heard Jacko had a life
  • Options
    Only between 9-2 rest of time he is on here
  • Options

Reports of Johnnie Jackson's demise have been greatly exaggerated.

Again...
  • Options
    CAFCsayer said:

If he doesn't get into coaching he'd be a great pundit

Pretty sure if he takes his badges he will also have to learn an additional Language as well as taking a placement overseas.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Not sure if JJ will reach legend status, but as close as possible if not. Hope he's here for a lot longer after he hangs his boots up.
  • Options
    Just got in from a long day out and saw this thread at the top of the page and nearly had a coronary

Can we have some sort of moderated thread title?

JJ forever!
  • Options
    Ben18 said:

Just got in from a long day out and saw this thread at the top of the page and nearly had a coronary

Can we have some sort of moderated thread title?

JJ forever!

Totally this! I thought he had officially retired. Jesus... :(
  • Options

Haha what the hell is this? Haven't been on for a few days and the first thing I see when I log on is Jackson has left! Well actually turns out he hasn't just someone getting in ridiculously early! Whats next, r.i.p threads for those that may pass on in the next few years?

Can I be the first to say, RIP Johnnie. Will always remember you for leading us to the 2015/16 Championship title and for that superb goal from inside your own penalty area up at Hillsborough.
  • Options
    Every season in the champ..... his legs have gone... then he scores and Johnnie's crucial.

Put him in a 451 and he'll score. He never had dynamic power, so why do we have to listen to people goin on about disapearing legs?
  • Options
    ColinTat said:

Every season in the champ..... his legs have gone... then he scores and Johnnie's crucial.

Put him in a 451 and he'll score. He never had dynamic power, so why do we have to listen to people goin on about disapearing legs?

you've hit the nail on the head though: he has to play in a 451 (or have Cousins covering from the outside). He's a fantastic club captain and squad player. He's also nearly 33. People mention that we wouldn't go up with Buyens in the middle on a regularly basis (I don't agree with that) and I suggest the same is true of dear JJ.