Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Chris Powell’s Flat Cap End of Season Awards 2014/15 – Part One

http://chrispowellsflatcap.com/2015/05/03/chris-powells-flat-cap-end-of-season-awards-201415-part-one/

Not everyone will agree, some will even moan about the name, but a well written and often funny read.

Enjoy

Comments

• Bit harsh on poor old Tucudean there - miss of the season? Sure he could have shot earlier but it came off more like great defending. Also, his goal against Bolton definitely deserves to be in the goals of the season list.

Nonetheless, a great round-up, written well and with excellent footage, so very nicely done.
  • A very enjoyable read.

The author might want to proof read his About The Writer section.
  • Leuth said:

Bit harsh on poor old Tucudean there - miss of the season? Sure he could have shot earlier but it came off more like great defending. Also, his goal against Bolton definitely deserves to be in the goals of the season list.

Nonetheless, a great round-up, written well and with excellent footage, so very nicely done.

Vetokele against Cardiff was worse
  • What an excellent summary of the season, thoroughly enjoyed reading it.

One thing I would say though is that to point out Jackson as being the key man during our 3-2 win over Derby isn't exactly true. Buyens was the star that day. He, for me, gave the single best performance of the season and it was that game. Absolutely superb.
  • What an excellent summary of the season, thoroughly enjoyed reading it.

One thing I would say though is that to point out Jackson as being the key man during our 3-2 win over Derby isn't exactly true. Buyens was the star that day. He, for me, gave the single best performance of the season and it was that game. Absolutely superb.

We all have different views on the impact of players in a game. I tend to agree with you.

But the first 15-20 minutes of that game was some of the most exhilarating football I can remember at the Valley.
  • edited May 2015

What an excellent summary of the season, thoroughly enjoyed reading it.

George Tucudean won that game For CAFC. (only 45 minutes before injury)
    George scored a great goal and won the pen.
    He had 3 good games For CAFC.
    Derby 45 mins Bolton 90 mins and was superb in the link play 2nd half against Cardiff. All the rest including, all the away games he was poor.

For CAFC fans If George had put that chance away against Millwall he would have gone from Zero to Hero and still be playing at the valley now.(no 18 month loan)

The miss by Igor against Cardiff and the side foot over the bar from Bikey against Blackpool were worse and Peeters would still be here now if we had won any of the 3 games (including Millwall at home) as it would have been strange to sack a manager, if we were still mid table as that was his remit at the beginning of the season from Roland/Katrien. Forget rows and shouting at training ground.
    That's happens every where but you only hear about it when teams are on a losing run.

• There should be some sort of end of season award for Plenty of Shots
  • Another small criticism.

He says that Duchatalet used the Kermogant money to do the pitch.

I had a chat with Steve Everett, the stadium manager about the pitch.

If Duchatalet had only used the Yann money, only one half of the pitch would have been that good...
  • A very enjoyable read.

Another small criticism.

If Duchatalet had only used the Yann money, only one half of the pitch would have been that good...

Steve Everett?

I thought it was Mick
  • Sponsored links:

• LenGlover said:

A very enjoyable read.

Another small criticism.

Steve Everett?

I thought it was Mick
    Correct. My mistake.
  • Katrien said the money from Yann paid for the pitch,
    But Michael smith and Dale Stevens transfers would have gone to the payment of the pitch as has already been noted the amount for Yann would have paid for less than half of it.
  • Kyle goes to my Uni and on my course.

He works incredibly hard and is going for an internship at Arsenal. Hope he gets it. He'd deserve it.

He cares about Charlton as much as anyone and i'm sure you can see his passion through his blogs.
  • Kyle goes to my Uni and on my course.

He works incredibly hard and is going for an internship at Arsenal. Hope he gets it. He'd deserve it.

He cares about Charlton as much as anyone and i'm sure you can see his passion through his blogs.

If he gets the internship tell him to change their shirts to Charlton colours like Ben Kensell did in reverse to us!

:-)

It's great to have at least two aspiring, talented Charlton supporting jounalists.
  • Where the money for the pitch came from is irrelevant really when Duchatelet is forking out £2.4m for a striker
  • Where the money for the pitch came from is irrelevant really when Duchatelet is forking out £2.4m for a striker

I'm fairly confident that Messi would have struggled to have had much of an impact on last season's pitch!