Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The End of an Era

So today was the last time that we will have to tear a piece of paper out of our season ticket books to gain entry to a home game.

Next season it will be a credit card thingy and an automated system.

I'm all up for change and modernisation (especially where technology is concerned) but after 25 years of tearing a numbered slip out each game it kind of feels a little sad that we won't be doing it anymore.

Of course my kids and all others under the age of 20, who have grown up in the digital age, will be saying it's about time we got with the times, but for me (and all of you old bastards on here) it will be a new era for home matches.

Comments

• Options
    We will have to find a different way of voting for Player of the Year from next season onwards.
  • Options
    Thought this was gonna be us saying goodbye to Churchy............
  • Options
    Goodbye mascots,
    Goodbye Church,
    Goodbye season ticket booklets
  • Options
    Should be Iris recognition.
  • Options

So today was the last time that we will have to tear a piece of paper out of our season ticket books to gain entry to a home game.

I'm all up for change and modernisation (especially where technology is concerned) but after 25 years of tearing a numbered slip out each game it kind of feels a little sad that we won't be doing it anymore.

Of course my kids and all others under the age of 20, who have grown up in the digital age, will be saying it's about time we got with the times, but for me (and all of you old bastards on here) it will be a new era for home matches.

Move on
  • Options

Goodbye mascots,
    Goodbye Church,
    Goodbye season ticket booklets

All positives, as is.. Goodbye Buyens.
  • Options
    Will be able to keep my ST in my Wallet now and not have to remember to take it. Good. Mascots seemed ok to me tbh. Not sure why we had to change.
  • Options
    Probably lose my wallet now, the book thingy was always trouble .
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Floyd and Harvey should have done a lap of honour too.
  • Options
    I'm a 'credit card' type S/T holder at another Champ club .. (I am not at every game b t w ) .. It is so easy
  • Options

Was Ned Ludd an ancestor of yours? :smiley:
  • Options

Floyd and Harvey should have done a lap of honour too.

if they 'd got intimate in the centre circle it would have at least brightened up a shit afternoon.
  • Options
    There will never be another Robert Lee.
  • Options
    masicat said:

Should be Iris recognition.

If the owner had any ambition, he'd have installed iris recognition at the Valley 30 years ago. He's just sending off all our numbered slips to Standard Liege

yaddy ya ya....
  • Options
    Good bye to the season ticket and the bantor of asking on the 1st and last home game "what number mate"
  • Options
    #jokethief
  • Options

#jokethief

YOU WIsh (Its funnier when I tell them anyway)