Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

RIP Mrs Ferdinand

2»

Comments

• Options
    Only 34 an absolute tragedy. Heart goes out to Rio, their children and families. RIP
  • Options

How old was she?

34 I believe.
  • Options
    Very sad news.
  • Options
    Bloody hell. What a sad thing. RIP.
  • Options
    Very sad. RIP, thoughts with her family, especially her children.
  • Options
    Terrible thing to happen. God bless them all.
  • Options
    God bless ... Terrible, terrible news. RIP
  • Options
    Rip my god how tragic, shows that money means fuck all with this bstd disease
  • Options

Rip my god how tragic, shows that money means fuck all with this bstd disease

This 100%
  • Options
    RIP.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    RIP

• Options
    RIP

My wife came through breast cancer in her 30s - my heart always sinks when I hear things like this.

I echo SadieJane's comments - early detection probably saved my wife's life.
  • Options

Can I just add that too many people brush breast cancer under the table because it is the most common and has over a 70% survival rate, the reason the survival rate is so high is that it has early visible signs, but what people forget is that it is so aggressive if not detected and is also one of the biggest killers young Rebecca Ferdinand mother of 3 under age of 9 has been the victim of this. Check regularly for lumps irregularities and/or pain in breasts, torsos or under arms, men can get breast cancer too so be careful.

Spot on Sadie. Happened to a good friend of mine last year who is only a few years older than the poor Mrs Ferdinand. In her case, unfortunately it was the doctors that missed it and it has spread like wildfire.

Horrible, horrible disease.
  • Options
    There are also many different types of breast cancer and some are particularly aggressive, even if detected early. Lost a young cousin, also a 34 year old mother to it, a few years ago. Just tragic.
  • Options
    Such distressing news today.

I can't stop thinking about how heartbroken she must have felt, knowing she wouldn't see her beloved kids grow up ...

Sleep tight, lovely lady and stay strong, Rio.

• Options
    This sunk my heart when I heard this news. His wife Rebecca has always seemed to live a very private life away from all the hoo ha. Just came across as a good family woman.

My heart goes out to her children and of course Rio.

I have only heard that it was cancer but Sadie you are saying its breast cancer?

• Options
    That's what it said here: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-32563022
  • Options
    Pretty stunned when I heard this news, no age at all.
  • Options
    RIP, very sad news
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    RIP - so young.
  • Options
    RIP

worth remembering too that Kish lost his wife in similar tragic circumstances.
  • Options
    RIP very sad
  • Options
    Very sad news, 34 is no age whatsoever and 3 young children left behind.....life is so cruel. RIP Rebecca
  • Options
    Very sad RIP.
  • Options
    Echo everything that's been written above...RIP Rebecca.
  • Options
    So so sad
    FairPlay to John Terry who offered his condolences to Rio and family in his interview on Sky after today's game

RIP
  • Options
    RIP Rebecca.

At 8.30 this evening is
    The C Word.
    Sheridan Smith plays Lisa Lynch: a journalist who was diagnosed with an aggressive form of Breast cancer.
    Lisa wrote a blog and a book about the gruelling course of treatment.
    This is an humorous yet harrowing account of what happens.