Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Getting to The Valley for the Bournemouth game

Don't forget trains to Charlton will run from Victoria or Blackfriars via Lewisham tomorrow. Nothing from Charing X or Cannon Street via London Bridge

Comments

• Options
    Cheers Crusty
  • Options
    There's most likely going to be gridlock on South london's roads tomorrow when probably the only sensible way for 4,300 Bournemouth fans to get from the south coast to the valley is by coach...add say 60 or 70 Bournemouth coaches to the valley express ones and those cars from Charlton fans inconvenienced by various train station closures and before and after a lunchtime kick off is going to be chaos...
  • Options
    Sod all that, I will be walking down from Welling.
  • Options
    There will be chaos at Victoria as 1000s of Bournemouth fans try to crowd on the trains to Charlton!
  • Options

There will be chaos at Victoria as 1000s of Bournemouth fans try to crowd on the trains to Charlton!

That's why I'm walking from Waterloo to Blackfriars (probably be bad enough on the train up to Waterloo without doing the whole Clapham/Victoria scrum)
  • Options
    CatAddick said:

That's why I'm walking from Waterloo to Blackfriars (probably be bad enough on the train up to Waterloo without doing the whole Clapham/Victoria scrum)
    Only a relatively short walk to the south side entrance at Blackfriars.
  • Options
    Nailed on that SouthEastern will have four carriage trains on from Victoria to Charlton.
  • Options

Nailed on that SouthEastern will have four carriage trains on from Victoria to Charlton.

Doubtful. This isn't the first time they've run this service pattern when we've played at home.
  • Options
    National express coach from Bournemouth to Victoria Coach Station.
    Jump on the train to to Charlton. Sorted.
    I'm gonna be surrounded by them!!
  • Options
    Can you go from Charlton to Greenwich after?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Nope. You'll have to walk like the rest of us!

• Options
    Crusty54 said:

CatAddick said:

Not that easy from Waterloo to Blackfriars is it ?
  • Options

Nope. You'll have to walk like the rest of us!

Not a man of my stature :-)
  • Options

You could go Charlton to Lewisham then get the DLR to Greenwich.
  • Options
    Or get a bus?
  • Options
    Great stuff - solved all my problems., Valley Express sold out for my area (Swanley) and I can see Swanley station from my window and trains go into Victoria & Blackfriars so virtually door to door service.
  • Options

National express coach from Bournemouth to Victoria Coach Station.
    Jump on the train to to Charlton. Sorted.
    I'm gonna be surrounded by them!!

Not if you're forced to sit on the roof because it's too crowded!
  • Options
    I volunteer for Afka express and will help carry him aloft for first 200 yards in a Greenwich direction. Any other Lifer minions care to join in?
  • Options
    PL54 said:

Crusty54 said:

CatAddick said:

Not that easy from Waterloo to Blackfriars is it ?
    Easier now the station spans the river and there is an entrance on the Waterloo side.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Is it sold out does anyone know?

No
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

I volunteer for Afka express and will help carry him aloft for first 200 yards in a Greenwich direction. Any other Lifer minions care to join in?

Could have done with you last week when me and a mate successfully recreated the Dirty Dancing lift in the middle of a dance floor. Thought I was gonna break his back! Did it perfectly though. No one puts AFKA in the corner.
  • Options
    Just seen this outside AFKA Towers, shocking abuse of power. ;)image
  • Options
    Crusty54 said:

Don't forget trains to Charlton will run from Victoria or Blackfriars via Lewisham tomorrow. Nothing from Charing X or Cannon Street via London Bridge

Why did I not read this not getting to charlton station till 12:20 now