Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Congratulations to Watford

Doesn't feel so bad to have been spanked by them and we beat them at ours.

Deeney is the player I'd like to see Tony Watt become - personalities and attitudes aside.

Comments

• Options
    Yes, good luck to Super Horns.
  • Options
    Yes well done. I still don't like all the diving and histrionics that they bring but no denying they are a very decent team right now. Can't see them surviving next season though.
  • Options

Yes well done. I still don't like all the diving and histrionics that they bring but no denying they are a very decent team right now. Can't see them surviving next season though.

Maybe networks can work, eventually?

The future's bright - the future's red & white!
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    It's been a terrific season at the top of the Championship with some really, really good stuff played by probably half a dozen clubs. Watford have had that little bit of consistency to go with the obvious quality they have in players like Vydra so it's well deserved. As others said maybe there is some merit in networks of clubs, if you get the quality of the players circulating right...Roland take note please!

It's a far more entertaining league than the predictable procession in the Premiership but sadly it's been almost completely ignored by the free to air tv companies and most of the press. Which is a shame but nothing new.

Would have loved for us to be involved in this years shake up but I'll take Bournemouth winning tomorrow and us next weekend as I think they've played some great football and their fans deserve their day in the sun, plus it will be good for the town.
  • Options
    F*** 'em and the horse they rode in on. Spawny gits...

Good season for football in Herts if Stevenage get through the play-offs though.
  • Options
    Well done you golden boys.
  • Options
    Watford are a bunch of cheats. Bournemouth however deserve to go up.
  • Options
    Hertfordshire Nancy boys!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Their target will be 17th place next season. They've scored 2 goals per game and conceded just over one goal per game this season. Scoring goals in the Premiership is important and I think they may just score enough goals. It depends on what they concede as to whether they will be in the bottom 3, I suspect.
  • Options
    Only know one Watford fan, and he is a decent bloke so pleased for him and of course Super Horns (don't know him personally) who seems a decent chap.
  • Options
    I think Watford might be alright. In Deeney they've got a strong centre forward who is such a reliable goalscorer.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Good to see those who slated the Watford model disappear because it's ok now Charlton have a freaky ownership set up !

Still got the hump with Watford for their no show and being responsible for letting palace make the prem

But pleased for that Watford fella who comes on here , seems a decent bloke
  • Options
    Why blame Watford? That year Palace were 5th on 72 points, the 6th and 7th clubs had 68 points.

If we hadn't let Palace have 6 points of us then they would have missed the playoffs with 66 points.

• Options
    I work with three or four and they are surprised at this season's success and apprehensive about getting pasted every week next year. Reasonable blokes all with whom you can have a proper football chat.
    I wish them luck.
  • Options
    A bit of a shame for their fans that their promotion was sealed several hours after they played, rather than the final whistle
  • Options
    Well we have to play when TV dictates.
  • Options
    After all of the turmoil and upheaval and 4 managers it's an incredible achievement to get promoted this season. Maybe they will spend big in the summer and survive comfortably. Am sure they will enjoy it whatever the outcome.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Well done Watford & congratulations to Super Horns.
  • Options
    When there are shit stains like Millwall around you cannot be too resentful of anyone elses moment in the limelight. Good luck to em.
  • Options
    Agreed, fair play to Watford. Despite all the turmoil behind the scenes, and managerial changes, they've played some quality stuff.

And to counter that - I fucking hope we turn Bournemouth over and stop them going up.
  • Options
    I think the Cherries will win tomorrow TBH.

Sky must be a but gutted - won't get the exciting last day they hoped for!
  • Options
    Could all be a bit dead depending on the midweek results although play off places still up for grabs for Derby, Ipswich, Brentford and Wolves..
  • Options

I think the Cherries will win tomorrow TBH.

Sky must be a but gutted - won't get the exciting last day they hoped for!

You're probably right mate but hope you ain't! Any club who chucks 35 grand a week on a player like Kenwyn-Jones to (predominantly) sit on the bench cannot feasibly claim to be competing within the FFP regulations.
  • Options
    Watford and Bournemouth, sitting above Charlton, with the Croydon mob, just wrong