Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Guy Luzon'S Red Army !

I was as apprehensive as anyone when Guy Luzon was named as our new manager but ...... despite doing a good job we have yet to hear his name being sung. Other managers have come in in the past and been welcomed much earlier. How much longer till we show our appreciation to Guy ?

Comments

• It was sung today
  • Must have missed that. Only ever heard we are charltons red and white army !
  • Second half
  • Makes brave decisions when needed.

Took the correct decision taking of the hapless Eagles, (which is a much more polite description than I used at half time) for the master craftsman, JBG.

The rest, as they say, is history.
  • Was sung at Millwall away too I'm sure.
  • Was sung at Millwall away too I'm sure.

It was
  • Surely it's Guy Luzon's Red & White Army?
  • DRAddick said:

Most of us weren't unhappy that he was made manager. The fact that we were lied too and treated like idiots about his already clearly planned appointment is what has meant he hasn't been accepted as quickly as another manager may have been. He's doing a great job and I like him and I had no problem with BP being sacked....I don't like being lied too and that has been the difference. Long may Luzons football mentality reign, but don't treat me like a c***.

'Clueless'...'a clown'...'out of his depth'...'will never accept him as our head coach/manager'....were just some of the phrases used by fans on here, Twitter and Facebook.

I don't discount what you are saying and I think you are well within your right to be annoyed with the people at the top, but Luzon got plenty of personal stick aimed at him.
  • Sponsored links:

• DRAddick said:

Most of us weren't unhappy that he was made manager. The fact that we were lied too and treated like idiots about his already clearly planned appointment is what has meant he hasn't been accepted as quickly as another manager may have been. He's doing a great job and I like him and I had no problem with BP being sacked....I don't like being lied too and that has been the difference. Long may Luzons football mentality reign, but don't treat me like a c***.

I agree with VG. Not sure why the actions of the owner and CEO no matter how suspect should impact on Luzon whom it would seem is damn near universally popular with fans and players alike and is doing a pretty good job so far.

I don't see any positives in making Luzon feel alienated when he has done nothing wrong. Bringing him into the Charlton "family" as soon as possible will only be a good thing.

• I point blank refuse to sing it.

Until the U25s sing red AND WHITE army

I wish the under 25s would sing anything. I'm sure they are overawed by anyone with a big noisy support. We should be outsinging them not listening to them.
  • May I say as one of the major doubters (I called Guy Luzon a rabbit in the headlights after the Norwich game) that I wholeheartedly take it back. We have team that has played some terrific football at times and the last couple of months has been great to watch.

Apologies Guy welcome to The Valley
  • By my reckoning Guy Luzon has: P19, W8, D5, L6 pts 29

That is a smidgen over 1.5 points per game, which if continued next season will equate to as near as dammit 70 points.
    Judging by this season 70 points will not get you into the playoffs, let alone automatic promotion.
    The big test for Guy Luzon, if he is happy to stay here, is how to ensure we take a step forward from our present position and not a step back, if he can pull off an improvement from the kind of football team we are now, then we may be in business competitively.
    In the spirit of metamorphosis, I would like to think that however it was engineered to get Guy Luzon here, that he has taken to the place, taken to the job, and actually liking it. I admit that with the passage of time, and also in the spirit of metamorphosis that I don't feel as frosty towards Luzon as I used to, and that is despite him not achieving the 80 point target I set him :smile:
    To my mind the big signal is if the regime of owner, chief executive, and manager can set in place circumstances where we can get more like 1.75 points per game during the long unforgiving season to come.
    The platform is there, but it will be a huge disappointment if we see a summer of player churn, and rearranging the furniture in the network house, but not one tightly focussed on the betterment of Charlton Athletic. I would like a flint-eyed forensic approach to building a really credible squad for ourselves alone, for next season, and then to amass the points as ruthlessly as possible.
  • I expect there to be churn this close season, with loans ending, contracts finishing, players we wish to dispose of and players for whom we receive offers that we can't / don't want yo refuse .... For me the judgement will be if we start in August with a squad that is better, similar or (God forbid) worse than the current squad.

One thing though, I am a big fan of JBG but yesterday just re-emphasised to me how much he effects the game for us.