Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

4 in a row

i was rather hoping that after the last 3 managers had failed to spot that church is not quite good enough(i'm being kind),that luzon had a pair of fully functioning eyes.it appears not.i'm all for effort even if it disguises a lack of ability,but having played the game for 35+ years,i have one such pair.sure he'll knock the odd one in if he plays enough,most people would.i'm sure he's a nice bloke,yet i'm beyond giving him any more chances.i find myself counting his touches,sometimes in single figures,i don't get up if it's played to him,or if he sets off after another lost cause,because it is just that. we didn't take our chances and didn't finish teams off seems a repetetive managerial cry.i wonder why?is it because he can't hold the ball up by any chance?(another talent).if we start with him,i clock watch,hoping there's enough time to turn it around when he's hauled off,and if he's brought on,i know deep down,it's game over.there's a word for it where i come from-ponce. i know some will agree and some won't,but honestly,don't waste your keyboard time pointing out my penchant for lower case.

Comments

• Welcome to CL...
  • He'll be off in a month, try not to slit any wrists before then.
  • i know,i just couldn't hold it in for 3 more draws and the inevitable happening down at the scrapyard.
  • I thought the four in a row was going to be the number of Spanners posting on the forum tonight.
  • could change it to church mouse?
  • Stig said:

I thought the four in a row was going to be the number of Spanners posting on the forum tonight.

Every night from Wormwood Scrubs
  • I blame e.e. cummings
  • I would assume that because Simon church was playing in a Park a week before last season his contract is more 1st division than a champ contract so every Head coach is encouraged to try to give him the occasional match. TBF to Peeters he tried to foist him on to Millwall.
    Millwall were keen, but Simon realized their fans were not as patient us our's declined the offer.
    Last season Harriott came good in the 45th + 46 match of the season and then reverted back to mediocre this season.
    I'm not suggesting Simon will score 5 goals like Calum, but if he popped in a deflected shot and one off his shoulder could he get another contract ?

Even thou i'm a atheist; i pray not.

• I blame e.e. cummings

:smiley:
  • Stig said:

I thought the four in a row was going to be the number of Spanners posting on the forum tonight.

About the same as the number of occupants of the Barry Kitchener Stand at a typical home game.
  • Sponsored links:

• does that include the fat bloke in the white?
  • I thought "four in a row" was going to be a 1-1 prediction for Saturday's match.
  • I blame e.e. cummings

Bit extravagant with the punctuation there, Henry.
  • i was rather hoping that after the last 3 managers had failed to spot that church is not quite good enough(i'm being kind),that luzon had a pair of fully functioning eyes.it appears not.i'm all for effort even if it disguises a lack of ability,but having played the game for 35+ years,i have one such pair.sure he'll knock the odd one in if he plays enough,most people would.i'm sure he's a nice bloke,yet i'm beyond giving him any more chances.i find myself counting his touches,sometimes in single figures,i don't get up if it's played to him,or if he sets off after another lost cause,because it is just that. we didn't take our chances and didn't finish teams off seems a repetetive managerial cry.i wonder why?is it because he can't hold the ball up by any chance?(another talent).if we start with him,i clock watch,hoping there's enough time to turn it around when he's hauled off,and if he's brought on,i know deep down,it's game over.there's a word for it where i come from-ponce. i know some will agree and some won't,but honestly,don't waste your keyboard time pointing out my penchant for lower case.

Is that the 1960s?
  • that would be 1965 and the east end,and for our younger viewers a quick,clean translation would be-someone that looks like they are doing something by appearing busy especially when the boss is looking,but actually achieving very little,and in doing so,forcing their colleagues to do more.
  • edited April 2015

I blame e.e. cummings

i am a little church(far from the frantic
    world with its rapture and anguish)at peace with nature
    --i do not worry if longer nights grow longest;
    i am not sorry when silence becomes singing
  • stonemuse said:

I blame e.e. cummings

:smiley:
    i am a little church(far from the frantic
    world with its rapture and anguish)at peace with nature
    --i do not worry if longer nights grow longest;