Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Newzoids

Did anyone see it last night? It's the "new" Spitting Image".
Just like Spitting Image, some good some bad. I thought it got better as it went along.
My favourite gag :

There was a knock knock gag with Nigel Farage.
Farage's reply to who's there ?
"It doesn't matter because you're not coming in ".
It really made me lol.

Comments

• Reminded me a bit of 2DTV... Did make me chuckle
  • some quite good bits I thought

used to love Spitting Image
  • I think Queenie's 'fecking Kents' comment was the one that made me laugh the most - where Phil said something like 'no need for that language' and she replied 'No - it's the Duke and Duchess of Kent'.

• Thought some of the puppets were cleverly designed and some impressions spot on but the gags were awful. Gave up mid way though.
  • Thought some of the puppets were cleverly designed and some impressions spot on but the gags were awful. Gave up mid way though.

Like I said, it got better as it went on. 2nd half was far better than 1st half.
  • I thought the puppets were shit
    I thought the voices were shit
    I thought the jokes were shit

Won't be watching another episode of that. A million miles away from spitting image in every way possible.............
  • Only caught the last few minutes.

The Andy Murray hotel room sketch amused me.
  • I liked Milliband and Murray, though Jon Culshaw does manage to make most of his impressions sound like... Jon Culshaw.

Yeah.....but apart from this it was pretty good.
  • 4/10
  • Sponsored links:

• Talal said:

I liked Milliband and Murray, though Jon Culshaw does manage to make most of his impressions sound like... Jon Culshaw.

This. Culshaw = The Mike Yarwood of the 21st Century.
  • JWADDICK said:

Talal said:

I liked Milliband and Murray, though Jon Culshaw does manage to make most of his impressions sound like... Jon Culshaw.

This. Culshaw = The Mike Yarwood of the 21st Century.
    Could've been worse. They might have got that Campbell fella instead.......
  • Who Sol ?
  • Only gag I didnt really understand was Prince George...

Yes Kate isn't a royal so kinda get the common theme but how can you have an impressionist impersonating someone who cant even really speak yet?
  • edited April 2015
    Watched on ITVPlayer. Mildly acceptable way of whiling away half an hour if nothing else was on but it's not going on my "must see" list. BTW, what's with the "puppets"? Were they actually puppets with CGI mouths or, as I sort of assumed totally CGI, including the puppet support sticks? If the latter, the support sticks seem a bit silly.
  • edited April 2015
    Just watched it. I found it mildly amusing especially Cameron ordering fast food sketch but I couldn't help but think that if this is the best they have to offer it won't get a second series.

Won't be watching another episode of that. A million miles away from spitting image in every way possible.............

this
  • Anyone seen Ballot Monkeys? Now that is funny.
  • Talal said:

I've always thought that about Culshaw, nowhere as good as Bremner or McGowan.
  • Gary Barlow sounds more like Ringo Star... thought it was Thomas the Tank Engine when I wasnt looking at the TV @ one stage