Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Losing to FA Cup Winners

How many times have we lost to the eventual winners of the FA Cup?
Off the top of my head, I can think of.
1923 Bolton
1946 Derby
1948 Man Utd ?
1961 Spurs
1994 Man Utd

Are there anymore? I'm sure there are

Comments

• 1943 Arsenal (War Cup)
  • "Off the top of your head" - that's impressive!
  • Good knowledge Guinness Addick do you want to help out at the museum?
  • Not a FA Cup winner but 1984 Watford (Runner up)
  • shirty5 said:

Not a FA Cup winner but 1984 Watford (Runner up)

Same with Liverpool in 1996 when they were runners up
  • Blackburn 2015
  • shirty5 said:

Not a FA Cup winner but 1984 Watford (Runner up)

And Chelsea '94.
  • West Ham in 1964. We lost 3-0 at Upton Park in the third round. My first away game.
  • West Ham in 1964. We lost 3-0 at Upton Park in the third round. My first away game.

Just checked, that's correct.

Also found 1931, WBA 3rd 3 games
    1960, Wolves. 4th

This was the year we came fourth in Div 2 (aka the Championship) behind Leeds, Sunderland and Preston who lost the Cup Final to West Ham. I think Howard Kendall playing for Preston was the youngest ever to play in a cup final.

I remember Charlton were involved in a lot of high scoring games that season. Just checked and Charlton scored 76 goals with 70 against over the 42 games. Was my second season supporting Charlton and I guess what got me hooked.
  • Sponsored links:

• This was the year we came fourth in Div 2 (aka the Championship) behind Leeds, Sunderland and Preston who lost the Cup Final to West Ham. I think Howard Kendall playing for Preston was the youngest ever to play in a cup final.

I still believe he is the youngest to play in a Wembley final - but the FA Cup Final record belongs to Curtis Weston - 2004 played in Cardiff. I can't quite get my fingers to type the team he played for!
  • I forgot the spanners in their cup final.
  • I thought the youngest was one of the Allens (Paul?)
  • I thought the youngest was one of the Allens (Paul?)

He was when he played for West Ham against the gooners.
  • Yes, absolutely correct regarding subsequent younger players appearing in the final.