Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Luzon confirms new contract on the cards for winger

Comments

• Very good, and expected. Would be nice to hear from JBG that he wants to stay.
  • Interesting test of our determination/ability to keep players that we don't want to lose.
  • Where are all of those who say he disappears during games?

Shouldn't someone be saying "good riddance?"
  • Cmon Yohan, sign up and make yourself a club legend.
  • Where are all of those who say he disappears during games?

Shouldn't someone be saying "good riddance?"

Strong late contender for 'Most predictable poster of the season'.
  • That report doesn't really make me feel like he's going to sign. We want to keep him, great.
    But what does JBG want? And what does his agent want?
    Hopefully all the contract issues get sorted very early so we can use the summer to chop the dead wood while bringing in quality to then have a genuine promotion push next season.
  • Sponsored links:

• Valley11 said:

That report doesn't really make me feel like he's going to sign. We want to keep him, great.
    But what does JBG want? And what does his agent want?

Hopefully all the contract issues get sorted very early so we can use the summer to chop the dead wood while bringing in quality to then have a genuine promotion push next season.

Bit early to be jumping to conclusions. Negotiations have only just begun (if at all), that's all it means. If we can keep him, we will. That's as far its gone.
  • Just because he hasn't publicly declared that he wants to stay don't beat him up about it, it's what he says to the owners mouthpiece that's important.
  • An old sage once said. "When it's on the OS"
  • Cmon Yohan, sign up and make yourself a club legend.

I don't want Yohan

I want Jóhann Berg Guðmundsson

• This is about the intent of Charlton Athletic.

Make him the highest paid CAFC player. ( by some way)
    A new bumper 2 year contract.
    He's 24 so Roland can make money in a years time if we don't go up.
    Do CAFC want to sell more season tickets or Not ? ( show ambition)
    Put in the 8 million clause( or higher)
    If we Lose Johann for a derisory sum it will be one step forward and two steps back.

After the average 1st year of Roland's reign, with the poor signings,
    The second year has improved by 100%
    Don't blow it now.
    Show ambition, This is the Championship,
    Not the Dog and duck's 2nd eleven in a sunday Legue.

Its also about the intent of JBG and also Premier league Clubs. So if JBG does decide he wants away, then RD needs to show ambition by finding a similar jewel to replace him. Hopefully, this close season it wont come to that.
  • He has become a vital part of our team .. make him an offer he can't refuse
  • He has become a vital part of our team .. make him an offer he can't refuse

• Kap10 said:

He has become a vital part of our team .. make him an offer he can't refuse

You do realise there are vegetarians on this site.
    No-one's making you eat the horse tbf. Just wake up next to it.
  • Sponsored links:

• Kap10 said:

A cheese and onion pastie wouldn't have the same effect
    Depends if it's vegetarian cheese or not..........
  • Kap10 said:

A cheese and onion pastie wouldn't have the same effect
    Or a beheaded cabbage.
  • Deffo hope he signs on again. Still developing, if we can offer a top 10 squad and a chance to compete then that's the right level for JBG at this moment IMO.
  • This is about the intent of Charlton Athletic.

Make him the highest paid CAFC player. ( by some way)
    A new bumper 2 year contract.
    He's 24 so Roland can make money in a years time if we don't go up.
    Do CAFC want to sell more season tickets or Not ? ( show ambition)
    Put in the 8 million clause( or higher)
    If we Lose Johann for a derisory sum it will be one step forward and two steps back.

After the average 1st year of Roland's reign, with the poor signings,
    The second year has improved by 100%
    Don't blow it now.
    Show ambition, This is the Championship,
    Not the Dog and duck's 2nd eleven in a sunday Legue.

Sadly I suspect that line in bold above is the main reason that we have told the world that we are looking to sign him. JBG would have no reason to stop everyone knowing that we want to extend his contract. However, I believe that he has no intention of signing an extension.

We need to remember that he signed a five year deal with AZ and never extended it all the while building up a reputation with both them and the national side. He has previous - he let his contract run down and moved to us on a free with, probably, a significant pay rise. Now that there is interest from the Premier League (all be it the less glamorous sides) why would he want to sign a longer deal with us that prevents him from going wherever he wants next summer? Another good season (or an even better one) and he will get a contract that has the likely transfer fee (£2m+) rolled up into his wages - or he could sign a new deal so that Charlton gets that money, or refuses him his dream move.

I would be delighted and staggered in equal measure if he increases his contract with us. I can see him refusing to leave this summer so that he can earn a fortune from next summer.

It's a little like the Poyet situation last year. It transpires that the club knew he was never going to sign but they kept releasing statements saying that they were going to do everything they could to keep him all the while the player came out with the usual line about wanting to wait until the end of the season before blah blah blah.

Pointless article in my view - all be it I have to confess I've not read it.
  • Well it's not pointless because it is something our manager had actually said, not speculation.