Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Luzon- Bolton draw "felt like 4-0 defeat"

edited April 2015 in General Charlton
Guy was pretty upset post match - story here

Comments

• Good that he cares... bad that he seems to think it was some kind of fluke when plenty of Lifers were predicting heavy Bolton pressure and at least one goal pretty much as soon as the subs were made and Simon 'Peleronaldmessidinho' Church was left as the focal point of the attack. Still, he'll have made notes for what's needed in the squad over summer at least, and maybe this time the coach will get to choose the signings! (Mayyyybe.)
  • not a happy man with the peformance ...good to hear
  • Glad to hear he appears to watch the same game.
  • I like him
  • KHAKHA
    edited April 2015
    Deleted
  • Fine words but look at the actions: both main strikers taken off and replaced by just Churchy, sitting back and inviting Bolton pressure. Not good enough Guy.
  • I really liked this interview. He is living up to his "I like to win" comment. Under Parkinson and Powell (who I loved), this would have been unlucky - under Luzon, it's not good enough.

Also I was really encouraged by the comments about Gomez, and the pattern emerging that he won't just put out the same eleven ever week (or twice a week) until they are run into the ground.

• Let's hope Guy's still in charge next season with a few additions to the squad to propel us forwards.
  • Davo55 said:

Fine words but look at the actions: both main strikers taken off and replaced by just Churchy, sitting back and inviting Bolton pressure. Not good enough Guy.

Sounds like we were under pressure anyway? The two strikers have been good but it's been a while since they scored and neither are the fittest.
  • Sponsored links:

• The lack of strikers was going to come to fruition at some time.
    After the first game at Brentford, i would say !(Most on here said that)
    Watt needs a proper Pre season and we need to get Igor's fitness level's up.
    If he needs an op let's get it done ASAP.
    Reza, Polish Pete, Church need to be moved on, and the speedy forward and a target man brought in to complement what we have.
  • Guy
    Davo55 said:

Fine words but look at the actions: both main strikers taken off and replaced by just Churchy, sitting back and inviting Bolton pressure. Not good enough Guy.

Unless he's trying to be open minded and fair towards SC, clean slate and all that, although i can understand your point, i thought at 1-0 up we were going to steam roller them 2 0r 3 nil, would be nice to happen now and again.... :smiley:
  • agree with Guy and he was right to replace Igor and Watttt as they weren't getting anywhere in the 2nd half and yes the two replacements were no better. We do need more striking options for next season, whether that comes from our own youth or anywhere else I have no idea but maybe a mix of both.
  • Still consider them as positive substitutions.

If we were still managed by BP, or the master of negativity, CP, the substitutions would have been a midfielder and a defender.

Wigan away a last season. We were 1-0 up after scoring very early. CP replaced Sordell, the only striker we had on the pitch with a midfielder. A few minutes later, he replaced a midfielder with a defender. If you want to encourage pressure on yourself, that's the way to do it!

The end result? A 1-0 lead becomes a 2-1 defeat.

What it does highlight is the fact, that we all know (and I include GL in that), is we are light in the forward department.

But forwards all cost the big bucks...
  • Still consider them as positive substitutions.

If we were still managed by BP, or the master of negativity, CP, the substitutions would have been a midfielder and a defender.

Wigan away a last season. We were 1-0 up after scoring very early. CP replaced Sordell, the only striker we had on the pitch with a midfielder. A few minutes later, he replaced a midfielder with a defender. If you want to encourage pressure on yourself, that's the way to do it!

The end result? A 1-0 lead becomes a 2-1 defeat.

What it does highlight is the fact, that we all know (and I include GL in that), is we are light in the forward department.

But forwards all cost the big bucks...

I don't think we necessarily needed an expensive striker to come off the bench, but just someone like Deon Burton to hold the ball up and slow down the waves of attacks, as neither Church or Eagles are hold up players
  • Where's Karlan gotten to?

I'd like to see more of him now our season is secured.
  • Dazzler21 said:

Where's Karlan gotten to?

I'd like to see more of him now our season is secured.

Played the full 90 minutes at the Valley against Brentford.