Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Percy Sledge - Dead aged 73

When a man loves a woman - classic

RIP

Comments

• Options
    edited April 2015
    Absolute Radio just played that in tribute - I nearly cried !

Edit - when they announced it I did initially think they meant Percy Thrower....
  • Options
    RIP Absolute legend
  • Options

When a man loves a woman - classic

RIP

This song will be his epitaph .. RIP
  • Options
    Spent many horny hours snogging to that one in my teens

RIP Percy Sledge - Ledge
  • Options
    The fella was amazing. That's a very sad one to lose.

• Options
    Another one of the great soul singers gone. So sad.

RIP Percy.
  • Options
    I actually thought he was older than that. Sounded 73 in the 60s. Rip
  • Options
    It was the pirate ships, Radio London in particular, that played "When a Man........" relentlessly in the summer of 1966 that propelled it to No.1.

Let's not forget that Percy made many other great records including the Northern Soul monster "Help Me" and soul classics "Out of Left Field" and "Take Time to Know Her" which is a particular personal favorite.

Another great now in Soul Heaven. RIP Percy.
  • Options
    RIP Percy
  • Options
    RIP...great voice.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    One of the greatest make vocal performances on WAMLAW ever.
    RIP.
  • Options
    When a Man Loves A Woman is one of my favourite songs of all time. It brings back great childhood memories. I have got an Atlantic Soul Classics CD in my car I shall play WAMLAW on the way to the training ground today.
  • Options

Let's not forget that Percy made many other great records including the Northern Soul monster "Help Me" and soul classics "Out of Left Field" and "Take Time to Know Her" which is a particular personal favorite.

Another great now in Soul Heaven. RIP Percy.

I'd also like to add my personal favourite to that list........

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EfG7A5JLSg8

R.I.P Percy
  • Options
    RIP Percy Sledge
  • Options
    Very sad news. RIP.
  • Options
    Very sad Percy gave us a soul classic. Apparently he gave the wrting credits to two of his backing musicians and so never made any royalties from When a man loves a woman.

RIP
  • Options
    That is really sad. Another icon has passed on; he will be in great company with Sam and Dave, Arthur Conley, Joe Tex and Otis .

• Options
    pettgra said:

That is really sad. Another icon has passed on; he will be in great company with Sam and Dave, Arthur Conley, Joe Tex and Otis .

Sam Moore of Sam and Dave is still alive I believe.

• Options
    pettgra said:

My favourites. Went to see Arthur Conley at the Civic Hall in Orpington circa 1968. Show was called off as only about 10 people turned up. Saw Joe Tex and Sam and Dave at The Fairfield Halls. Sam is still alive I believe.
  • Options
    masicat said:

pettgra said:

My favourites. Went to see Arthur Conley at the Civic Hall in Orpington circa 1968. Show was called off as only about 10 people turned up. Saw Joe Tex and Sam and Dave at The Fairfield Halls. Sam is still alive I believe.
    Cheers guys and apologies to Sam. He would not have been impressed!

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    RIP
  • Options
    RIP