Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

I don't know why but...

Leeds at home is my favourite game of the season.
I know some of their fans would love to kick our cockney arses but the ones i've bumped into have always been alright.
Will they join in the Charlton roar of `Lets all laugh at millwall' though?

Comments

• The 1-0 win against them in the sun a few seasons ago was a good day. Akpo with the goal?
  • The 1-0 win against them in the sun a few seasons ago was a good day. Akpo with the goal?

The header that ended up powering 2 of their player into the net as well as the balls wasn't it?
  • Their entire end singing "we only need one goal" at the exact moment Akpo scored is a favourite Valley memory.
  • Mother-in-laws 80th birthday bash Saturday, so we shall be flying back Thursday and paying a swift visit to The Valley before the knees up... Can't wait. :smiley:
  • Leeds at home is my favourite game of the season.
    I know some of their fans would love to kick our cockney arses but the ones i've bumped into have always been alright.

We're not cockneys.
    I know that but anyone from London is according to them.
  • Mother-in-laws 80th birthday bash Saturday, so we shall be flying back Thursday and paying a swift visit to The Valley before the knees up... Can't wait. :smiley:

hope you get to see a win mate
  • Loved that 1-0 win at the Valley.
  • Sponsored links:

• Surrounded by gobby leeds I certainly celebrated that goal as loud, aggressive and irrational as I have any goal,
  • Remember it well. Matty svensson sitting near us in the lower north.

Randolphs last minute save from a Beckford? Header celebrated just like the goal.
  • Was a huge shame that season...

Had it not been for the Exeter / Norwich defeats right at the death we'd have bounced straight back into the Championship
  • Was a huge shame that season...

Had it not been for the Exeter / Norwich defeats right at the death we'd have bounced straight back into the Championship

Was the Norwich game where they got promoted?

Absolutely battered them and Forster had the best game I've ever seen from a keeper.
  • edited April 2015

Was a huge shame that season...

Was the Norwich game where they got promoted?

Absolutely battered them and Forster had the best game I've ever seen from a keeper.
    Yeah thats the one... Dont even think we needed both victories... Just three points would have been enough to steal Leeds' spot

And if there are any Norwich fans reading this then yes... that match is why you lot can shut up moaning about our win @ Carrow Road this season
  • Went mental when this went in, a good day indeed:

The most mental thing is that that goal was officially credited as an own-goal, to the defender it hit on the goal line on the way in.
  • Leeds at home is my favourite game of the season.

We're not cockneys.
    Given that there isn't a maternity hospital within hearing distance of bow bells and that the church itself is in the middle of a business district, no-one is a cockney any more.
  • I've been called a fookin cockney bastard at a few northern grounds but always thought it best not to say `well actually i'm not'....
  • Personally, I hate them.

We have had some absolutely dire results at the Valley against Leeds. Last season, a case in point.

And there was that game in the Premier League...
  • Stig said:

We're not cockneys.
    Given that there isn't a maternity hospital within hearing distance of bow bells and that the church itself is in the middle of a business district, no-one is a cockney any more.
    Home births?
  • Sponsored links:

• Stig said:

We're not cockneys.
    Home births?
    Business births, squeeze baby out during lunch break and back on to the trading floor
  • milo said:

Stig said:

We're not cockneys.
    Home births?
    Business births, squeeze baby out during lunch break and back on to the trading floor
    having said that

i have worked in the City for nearly 40 years and i cant say i have ever heard them ...all the same always love to beat dirty leeds

• lolwray said:

milo said:

Stig said:

We're not cockneys.
    Home births?
    having said that

i have worked in the City for nearly 40 years and i cant say i have ever heard them ...all the same always love to beat dirty leeds

Just for you lolwray

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DD0CKBv7qes
  • they obviously didn't know sam sodje had it down as a 1-0 with delroy facey!
  • The 1-0 in League One the place was bouncing, one of my favourite home matches.

Also the 2-1 in 2013 when Obika scored a last-minute winner was another favourite of mine, when we started getting on a good run and had a very slim chance of making the play-offs.
  • Birmingham , St Andrews , 29th May 1987
    Never to be forgotten beating the dirty Leeds scum
    Thank you Mr Shirtliff

Hate em , dirty northern b******s
  • Birmingham , St Andrews , 29th May 1987
    Never to be forgotten beating the dirty Leeds scum
    Thank you Mr Shirtliff

Hate em , dirty northern b******s

The sweet revenge for Leeds having a wind up order against us
  • One of my favourite away games was Leeds away 2-1 to us with Kewell putting them ahead but Parker scoring the winner for us. Who scored the equaliser?
  • Stig said:

We're not cockneys.
    I live in East London, Stratford to be exact. Found 1 pie and mash shop.

Theres 2 in Clacton-on-sea in Essex. 70 miles away. Nuff said.
  • CAFCTrev said:

Stig said:

We're not cockneys.
    I live in East London, Stratford to be exact. Found 1 pie and mash shop.

Theres 2 in Clacton-on-sea in Essex. 70 miles away. Nuff said.
    Same reason a lot of Sarf Londoners now live in Margit and Ramsgit.