Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

New Valley Gold promoter

Good afternoon to you all - I have just been appointed as the new Promoter for Valley Gold and wanted to introduce myself and gather any feedback or enquiries you may have.

From what I understand, many of you will be aware of the work that Wendy did whilst with Valley Gold and I am absolutely looking to continue this and work towards taking the scheme to the next level, all whilst helping the club's Academy. I have been working for a non-league football club for the past few seasons and became more involved commercially during this season, and am very excited about the challenge that is ahead of me here.

So that's it from me - as I say, if any of you have any feedback, enquiries or comments about VG then please feel free to leave a message on here or you can email me on jack.osullivan@cafc.co.uk

Thanks,
Jack O'Sullivan

Comments

• Welcome.

Are you keeping the Dover Athletic gig on as well?
  • Hi Henry,

With regards to the work I've done there then no, that's being handed over - I'll still be a supporter from afar though!

• Welcome and good luck.
  • Welcome aboard, sir!
  • Greetings
  • In fact, it is probably true that a fair number on CL are not in the Valley Gold scheme.

There seem to always be plenty on here moaning about those that are!
  • Jack,

Please always remember that there are Charlton fans outside of CL. Do not let the mob mentality of people on here allow you to believe you are getting the 'general consensus' of Charlton fans and / or VG members.

Good Luck

Absolutely - and thank you all for your welcome. I have spoken to a number of current and potential VG members prior to the recent games against Blackburn, Reading and Fulham games and had some great conversations - and look forward to meeting more of you on Saturday and on May 2nd.
  • Good luck Jack. Don't let Franck's paranoia sway you from realising that sometimes you are, in fact, getting the general consensus of Charlton fans and/or VG members from what you read on here either... :wink:
  • Sponsored links:

• Good luck Jack.

I can't believe you have been on here for an hour and nobody has asked you to check their numbers are included in the draw.

(Having won recently I do not have the same doubts).
  • delroofer said:

Good luck Jack.

I can't believe you have been on here for an hour and nobody has asked you to check their numbers are included in the draw.

I was asked that on my first day at The Valley, don't worry.. :wink:

I read previously that for transparency, people would like to have a list of all names and numbers that go into the draw and this is something I am sure we can implement soon.
  • Thanks for the prompt reply Jack.

If transparency gets more people to sign up then it is certainly worthwhile.
  • edited April 2015
    Just to keep those of you who are currently Valley Gold members, we're offering the chance to win tickets to the club's end of season awards - all you have to do is go onto the Valley Gold website, enter your details and cast your vote. You'll then be entered into a draw to win a pair of tickets. Link to the voting page: http://www.valleygold.org.uk/valley-gold/young-player-of-the-year-voting/

In addition, I'm speaking to local businesses to try and arrange some discounts for members to use outside of the football club - local restaurants, events, attractions etc. Any suggestions for places you'd like to see included would be most welcome.

Jack O'Sullivan
  • Jack.

Try the Valley Cafe. They seem to go for it on match days.

The staff all wear shirts, and they put up flags etc.

And if it saves me some money on knosh, all well and good!
  • Just voted Jack. Tough on Joe, who has been superb and Morgan who has really improved, especially in recent weeks, to be up against Jordan who has been immense since moving into the middle.

As for the local business discounts, this seemed to be something that VG did have in the early days but it fell away until the club shop was the last one. Perhaps a regular page in the programme, updating winner details and promoting those businesses who sign up would work.
  • delroofer said:

Good luck Jack.

I was asked that on my first day at The Valley, don't worry.. :wink:

I read previously that for transparency, people would like to have a list of all names and numbers that go into the draw and this is something I am sure we can implement soon.
    That would be good, all the best Jack