Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Hillary Clinton

Comments

• Options
    IA said:

Also if you Google ''www.americanprogress.org" and search the Top 10 Most Startling Facts About People of Color and the Justice System you'll find an enlightening article about the issue of race and incarceration in America.

The big statistic for me is the number of civilians killed by the police. US Police killed between 98 and 115 civilians in March 2015. In the 24 and a bit years since 1990, the police in England and Wales have killed 55 civilians.

This statistic comes from a fact-checking website as the original claim was more extreme
    That's why you should do what the police tell you to do.
  • Options
    that's what they say in police states
  • Options
    limeygent said:

If you're not breaking the law you have nothing to worry about from the police.

can i have your email passwords, your internet history in full and all your text messages and phone calls you've made this year please.

If you're not breaking the law you've got nothing to hide.
  • Options
    Been here 43 years, never had a problem.
  • Options
    Personally I think gun use in the US is a big problem . In fact I always think the police there have a really tough job, much tougher than here in China. As a policeman you never know if you'll get shot when you're in an unfamiliar environment or an intense situation. But at the same time, this can become an excuse that leads to police misconduct and abuse we so often see on TV these days. If you've seen the film Crash, you probably remember how Ryan Phillippe's character (a police officer) reacts to a young black kid in a car who reaches into his pocket. That story is quite a tragedy (for both sides) and in the real world there're obviously so many much worse cases.

As Chinese, honestly, I'm not at all satisfied with the political system we have here and the society we're in (corruption, injustice, overpopulation, pollution everywhere... I can go on for ever). And I always think that in many aspects we're decades if not centuries behind countries like the US and of course the UK. But when I look (slightly) closely into the US, I realise it's also got lots of other serious problems that are affecting people's everyday life, ones that we don't have in China (and on top of that list is probably the gun problem I mentioned above).

And what most amazes me, I'd like to add, is the never-ending partisan fights which don't really benefit ordinary people. I used to hate so much the dictatoship here in China (I've always been interested in elections in the US and used to hope one day I would see similar events here in China) But over the years I've come to the conclusion that our country would just fall apart if we were going to have two or more parties here and have an election every four or five years - it's a painful reality.
  • Options

Personally I think gun use in the US is a big problem . In fact I always think the police there have a really tough job, much tougher than here in China. As a policeman you never know if you'll get shot when you're in an unfamiliar environment or an intense situation. But at the same time, this can become an excuse that leads to police misconduct and abuse we so often see on TV these days. If you've seen the film Crash, you probably remember how Ryan Phillippe's character (a police officer) reacts to a young black kid in a car who reaches into his pocket. That story is quite a tragedy (for both sides) and in the real world there're obviously so many much worse cases.

As Chinese, honestly, I'm not at all satisfied with the political system we have here and the society we're in (corruption, injustice, overpopulation, pollution everywhere... I can go on for ever). And I always think that in many aspects we're decades if not centuries behind countries like the US and of course the UK. But when I look (slightly) closely into the US, I realise it's also got lots of other serious problems that are affecting people's everyday life, ones that we don't have in China (and on top of that list is probably the gun problem I mentioned above).

And what most amazes me, I'd like to add, is the never-ending partisan fights which don't really benefit ordinary people. I used to hate so much the dictatoship here in China (I've always been interested in elections in the US and used to hope one day I would see similar events here in China) But over the years I've come to the conclusion that our country would just fall apart if we were going to have two or more parties here and have an election every four or five years - it's a painful reality.

Good post. What we in 'the west' perhaps don't realise fully is that China, like Iraq, Nigeria, almost any country that one can name, is composed of a mixture of ethnicities, tribes and varied political interests. Perhaps if real 'democracy' would happen in China, the state would fall apart and fragment into several different nations like the Soviet Union, Yugoslavia and after years of internal struggle and political turmoil, China would no longer be the power that it is now
  • Options
    Yes, exactly. I hate to say it but, democracy is probably a luxury China cannot afford.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited April 2015
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    If you follow US politics, and you are an Obama fan, you will really enjoy his speech at the Washington Correspondents dinner on Saturday night.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=NM6d06ALBVA
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    limeygent said:
    Can't think of a better reason for voting for Hilary. Apart from it pissing off Sarah Palin I guess...
  • Options
    You're right, you have to look real hard to find a good reason to vote for her.
  • Options
    From the Guardian
    http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2015/jun/23/hillary-clinton-presidential-election-poll
    Hillary Clinton on course to win presidential election, poll says
    NBC News/Wall Street Journal poll finds former secretary of state is first choice in Democratic primary, and that she would go on to defeat Republican opponents

Clinton’s high rankings could be buoyed by increasingly positive support numbers for her 2008 rival Barack Obama, whose approval rating is up by 8 percentage points to 48% since September 2014, when it hit an all-time low of 40% according to the same polls.

Among Republican candidates, Bush and Rubio remain neck and neck, with 75% and 74% of respondents saying they could see themselves supporting the candidates in a Republican primary. Bush pulls away slightly in favorability rankings, pulling 5% ahead of Walker with 22%, and 8% ahead of Rubio.

Most see Clinton as a moderate candidate (58%) who is trustworthy because of her “experience and background” (59%).
  • Options
    Hilary Clinton - A centrist of the worst circumstantial/wavering kind a la Blair/her husband etc., however, any republican is/should be as unthinkable/unelectable as caMORON....But, sadly, people continue to vote in fear and against their own interests.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    limeygent said:

She will be the next President, there is no alternative, and will continue Ibama's good work
  • Options
    limeygent said:

Is Trump that good reason?
  • Options

limeygent said:

Is Trump that good reason?
    Hell no................."Lock her up, Lock her up"
  • Options
    Would ya
  • Options
    Main issue with Hilary is not the apparent favours she happily accepts or the apparent missing emails of importance that should have a record, that may contain information on her part that will be really embarrassing.

It's the allegations where women have come forward and said that she knew about Bill Clintons sexual misconduct towards them but yet she tried to shut them up and also showed no sympathy, and stayed by her man, regardless of whatever.

He f*cked around with so many different woman, whether it was rape (allegedly) or not rape but yet she appeared to be fine with it.

It's rather "creepy" id say. That is not a normal human behaviour with integrity.

Bill Clinton may never have done anything with those woman that was against the law.

I just instinctively feel that it's bollocks and it kind of all adds up.
  • Options
    Dave2l said:

Main issue with Hilary is not the apparent favours she happily accepts or the apparent missing emails of importance that should have a record, that may contain information on her part that will be really embarrassing.

It's the allegations where women have come forward and said that she knew about Bill Clintons sexual misconduct towards them but yet she tried to shut them up and also showed no sympathy, and stayed by her man, regardless of whatever.

He f*cked around with so many different woman, whether it was rape (allegedly) or not rape but yet she appeared to be fine with it.

It's rather "creepy" id say. That is not a normal human behaviour with integrity.

Bill Clinton may never have done anything with those woman that was against the law.

I just instinctively feel that it's bollocks and it kind of all adds up.

That is what works for their marriage. Jackie Kennedy knew all about what Jack did at a far more extensive level. Assuming that what has happened between Bill and all those women is amongst consenting adults, what business is it of yours? What works for your marriage may not work for theirs, and vice versa. To say she doesn't have integrity because she isn't mad at her husband for cheating?

Can we, at least once, have a conversation that goes more than two posts about her policies?
  • Options
    Watched the speech.
    Good in parts.

Loved the digs at Wiggy Mc Wigface...

"Don't believe anyone who says: 'I alone can fix it.'"

"He spoke for 70-odd minutes - and I do mean odd. And he offered zero solutions."

"It's just not right that Donald Trump can ignore his debts, but students and families can't refinance theirs."

"Explain to me what part of America First leads him to make Trump ties in China, not Colorado."