Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Andy Tate - Then & Now

http://youtu.be/xmWXVHBo84A
http://youtu.be/0jL3oh0HqzE

The true passionate football fan - a bit personal in places, to say the least.
Love the Manc accent.

Comments

• LVG Legend-Bo***cks
  • LVG Legend-Bo***cks

well he's a bloody good manager.

• LVG Legend-Bo***cks

TBH if you had spent over £150 Million you could get Man Utd to finish 3rd
  • LVG Legend-Bo***cks

Highly doubt it.

LVG is a quality manager, his record speaks for itself. Yes he's spent a shed load of cash this summer but that's modern football for you.
  • Curbs 16-1
    Lawrence 4-1
  • LVG Legend-Bo***cks

Highly doubt it.

LVG is a quality manager, his record speaks for itself. Yes he's spent a shed load of cash this summer but that's modern football for you.
    Spending lots of money and finishing 3rd does not make u great IMO

To me a great manager, I will give 3 examples

Tim Sherwood-A manager that goes into a club and can get a struggling team to play well, get the best out of a under performing player(Adebayor and now Benteke)

Chris Powell- A manager that goes into a stagnating club, struggling to get out of a league and within 18 months wins that league with record points

Ronnie Moore- A manager that goes onto a club stranded at the bottom of the table with no hope of survival and within within a few months drags them out of the relegation Zone

That to me on all 3 fronts are brilliant managers and there are others like them,

Would love to see LVG go to Hartlepool and do what Ronnie Moore has done my opinion is it would not happen because managers like that need to spend to achieve
    Are you saying Sherwood is a better manager than Van Gaal? Really?
  • edited April 2015
    I think LVG is a good manager but i think he thinks he's better than he actually is.

Was watching a few interviews with Dutch journo's that were saying he thought of himself as some kind of tactical genius for implementing a 5-3-2 formation, as if he was the man that had discovered it and all of Dutch football should be thankful that he did.

They had a pretty good WC, although the excellent 5-1 win over Spain and a 3-0 battering of a bruised Brazil will mask over poor performances against Australia, Costa Rica, Argentina and Mexico (who they beat with two late goals after changing from a 5-3-2 back to 4-3-3)

He's a good manager but if he was made of chocolate he would eat himself.
  • I was just posting these videos because they are hilarious - just love the passion and accent - not saying I agree with his views, necessarily.

One thing's for sure, United are now a much more dangerous opponent for most and two of their hugely expensive signings didn't even start.
  • LVG Legend-Bo***cks

Highly doubt it.

Tim Sherwood-A manager that goes into a club and can get a struggling team to play well, get the best out of a under performing player(Adebayor and now Benteke)

Chris Powell- A manager that goes into a stagnating club, struggling to get out of a league and within 18 months wins that league with record points

Ronnie Moore- A manager that goes onto a club stranded at the bottom of the table with no hope of survival and within within a few months drags them out of the relegation Zone

That to me on all 3 fronts are brilliant managers and there are others like them,

Would love to see LVG go to Hartlepool and do what Ronnie Moore has done my opinion is it would not happen because managers like that need to spend to achieve
    The season isn't over in case you hadn't noticed, United can still finish 2nd.

Ok so to fit your bill as a great manager, they have to go into a club struggling and turn it around, but high profile managers who go to high profile clubs and match their ambitions don't qualify? Hmm a little strange but fair enough. I'm sure those Ajax fans who were around in the 90's when LVG won the title 3 times and delivered them the Champions League and UEFA Cup would swap it all for Tim Sherwood to turn up and try to get a few more goals out of Kluivert.
  • Sponsored links:

• LVG Legend-Bo***cks

Highly doubt it.

You missed out Guy Luzon - future legend!
  • Paulie makes a fair point.

The achievements of high spending premiership managers always seem to receive a higher profile than those who display other qualities.

Astute purchasing and handling of the budget is an integral part of any managerial role in any field but so is staff motivation and our ex player Ronnie Moore has done an amazing job in bringing Hartlepool Lazarus like from the dead as Paulie mentions.

The great Steve Gritt pulled off an even more amazing feat as manager of Brighton some years ago and is still revered for it amongst the Brighton fans I know who are old enough to remember.