Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Ben Crenshaw

Its very rare I start any thread other than the match thread, however I've been moved to start one after just seeing Ben Crenshaw finish his last ever Masters after 44 years!! I don't like american golfers that much to be honest but Ben was one of a kind, a gentleman who understood the history of the game, one who didn't shout from the roof tops but just got on with his profession. I admire anyone who can hold themselves as gentleman/women and not be the brash american that so many of today's golfers are. Its been a pleasure watching you Ben over all those years. Thank you and enjoy your retirement you are a credit to our generation.....many could learn from you.

Comments

• Couldn't agree more red I have just sat up till one just to watch this true gent finish off. I remember his 2nd masters win as one of the most emotional wins (2nd for me to sandy lyles win, another gentleman). Great to watch his final round at the masters, a man who truly loves the game of golf
  • "Gentle Ben" as he was known. Great sportsman hugely respected everywhere, and also showed great respect for his opponents.
  • Watched highlights this morning, a true gentleman, it was quite moving at the finish, with his caddy and family.