Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Yanns at it again

Comments

• Options
    kevtherev said:

Turn it in . Can't understand all this Yann love, he gone get over it.

Quite agree, I suppose all the Yann lovers will be bouncing in the West Stand for the last game of the season
  • Options
    He's done a lot better for them than I thought he would - based on his record in England prior to and during his Charlton years I thought it would be a case of 'right player, right club'; there are many instances of this and he wasn't getting any younger or less injury-prone (albeit in the 'recurring niggle' sense instead of picking up major problems) and whilst I wasn't happy to see him go I could at least understand the logic even if I disagreed with it.

Yet again I have been reminded that spending years following football is absolutely no guarantee of understanding it in the slightest! I really should have learned that lesson by now...
  • Options
    I thought it was obvious after a season in League 1 that he was a Championship quality player. Strong, good in the air, real battler, scored and was involved in a decent number of goals, good touch and ability on the ball. He had plenty to his game. Still need a similar type of player in our squad, as he's shown at Bournemouth he can play in a team playing attacking passing football. He's far more than a target man that could win a few headers and hold up the ball a bit.
  • Options
    Bang on, Scoham.

He's gone, ok .......... but he's not been replaced.
    It's obvious that the team still lack an experienced player with his ability and qualities.

• Options

Anyone who buys this "Bournemouth Fairytale" is deluded. They've royally shat all over FFP. My dream scenario is them missing automatic promotion on the final day (YK misses last minute penalty) and then seeing them steamrollered in the play-offs.

If Roly stumps up the cash for us to do the same next season how will you feel?
    Dirty
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    colin1961 said:

Yawn .... Move on he did for the money did not give a toss about charlton when it come to it

Thanks Colin
  • Options
    I saw that goal this morning and though "Oh man, I wish we still had someone who could score free kicks like that."

And then I remembered :).
  • Options
    colin1961 said:

Yawn .... Move on he did for the money did not give a toss about charlton when it come to it

Thanks for yet another pearl of wisdom Colin.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    It's so cringey almost stalker like.
    What makes it worse is that the greedy frenchman didn't give a merde about our club.
  • Options
    Greenie said:

What makes it worse is that the greedy frenchman didn't give a merde about our club.

Know the guy do you?
  • Options

Anyone who buys this "Bournemouth Fairytale" is deluded. They've royally shat all over FFP. My dream scenario is them missing automatic promotion on the final day (YK misses last minute penalty) and then seeing them steamrollered in the play-offs.

If Roly stumps up the cash for us to do the same next season how will you feel?
    Sexy
  • Options
    cafctom said:

Greenie said:

Know the guy do you?
    Yes he sells me onions.
  • Options
    We all know what is going to happen. Bournemouth will be promoted. Owners will sign two new strikers who they think can score in the PL. Yann will be relegated to playing in the FA cup and a couple of sub appearances during league play. At end of next year, he will sign with Charlton West (NY Red Bulls) where he will finish his career.
  • Options
    Greenie said:

cafctom said:

Greenie said:

Know the guy do you?
    Yes he sells me onions.
    Hilarious !?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I thought so
  • Options
    I really do not see the point in torturing ourselves with mentioning Kermorgant every-time he scores. How many threads and posts have we had? I was gutted when he left but like an ex Girlfriend I have had to get over it and try and rebuild my life without him.
  • Options
    cfgs said:

Wilson was 3 million I think, but the wages they are shelling out must be huge, especially with their attendances. Bear in mind Cardiff wanted Jones' wages off their books even with the parachute payment.

They did receive something like 7 million for Grabben off Norwich and spent it wisely on Wilson.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    dickplumb said:

I really do not see the point in torturing ourselves with mentioning Kermorgant every-time he scores. How many threads and posts have we had? I was gutted when he left but like an ex Girlfriend I have had to get over it and try and rebuild my life without him.

Torture? i think you may have exaggerated it a bit there! (:
  • Options
    I was out with an Arsenal-supporting mate last night. Even he knew that we had Bournemouth as our last game and that one of their strikers was a former Charlton player. Personally, I hope Bournemouth are already promoted as champions by then, otherwise I fear we will be taken apart by them.
  • Options

dickplumb said:

There was a touch of irony in that post Ricky. But surely there is a limit to the amount of times we post the same thing.

• Options
    dickplumb said:

dickplumb said:

There was a touch of irony in that post Ricky. But surely there is a limit to the amount of times we post the same thing.

I knew where you were coming from mate.